The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Trapped Outside

I'm a little irritable because it is much hotter today than I expected it to be. When I got dressed early this morning, I was dressing for the weather I wanted it to be, rather than the actual weather. After a few hours of sweating and misery, I had just enough time to run home and change before I had to leave to be somewhere else. I pulled into my driveway and clicked the garage door opener.

Nothing.
Again.

Nothing.


Again and again, to no avail. So, I decided to just go in the front door. Now, for some reason which I CANNOT explain to you now, our alarm system is set in such a way that if you enter our house from the front door, the alarm goes off. I braced myself for the inevitable screaming noise, and even warned the neighbor working in his yard. However, twenty minutes later, I still couldn't get our dead bolt opened. I was sweating and cussing profusely, and shaking the door within an inch of its life. I then remembered the backdoor, so I dragged my sweaty and furious self around back. Same situation. So, now I have unlocked two doorknobs and no deadbolts and am becoming more and more enraged.


Defeatedly, I clicked the garage door opener one more time, and heard the familiar "brrrrrr" of the door opening, easy as you please. I swear the damn thing was mocking me.
I finally was able to take off the sweat-soaked shirt and put on something a little more weather appropriate, only to find that I am fresh out of deodorant. So, if you happen to see me today, you might want to steer clear.

For now, I am off to the drugstore for more Secret, and then off to show that garage door opener who's boss.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bossy Barwife,
Doesn't it seem that shit like that only happens when it is stifeling (sp?) outside. Why couldn't your doors and garage play mean tricks on you when it's snowing?????

8:16 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Thank you! That would never happen on a nice cool day when I had plenty of time to waste. Such is life, I guess!

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somewhat unrelated - but in the line of having miserable things happen while it's just too hot for our own goods outside:
Yesterday, during my first day at my new job, I had a version of "bloody toe." These new heels I have been wearing are digging into my toes - they chew right through bands-aids, they know no mercy. Anyway, by the end of the day I was walking out to my car, it was hot and I was in a suit - with a throbbing, bloody foot. Moral of the story: none of this would have been as been in 65 degree weather.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Cheri,
Having been a victim of bloody toe many times myself, I can completely agree that it's ten times worse when it's hot outside!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home