The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 02, 2006

Deterioration


Our Homeowner's Association has decided that we need new mailboxes. When we first heard about this idea, the HOA said they'd "let us know" how much we owed for the new boxes. Well, this really bothered my husband, who didn't think we needed a new mailbox, that our HOA fees should have covered this cost, why are we wasting money replacing mailboxes which are perfectly fine, blah blah blah...

A few days later, when I went to get the mail, one side of our mailbox door swung down. Apparently the screw holding it in place had fallen out. I wasted no time announcing that our mailbox was broken. "It's fine," he said, "it still opens and closes, right? We don't need a new one."

A week or so later, when I went out to get the mail, I saw the little red flag from the side of our mailbox lying in the street.

Friday afternoon I went to get the mail, and when I opened the box, the door fell completely off and landed at my feet with a resounding clang. My neighbor, innocently working in his yard, looked up and said "Good thing we're getting new ones, huh?"

I couldn't agree with him more. We just got word that the new ones will be in at the end of the month, and guess what? The cost is completely covered by the HOA. Everybody wins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home