The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

October Interests

I've always been a list maker. I don't think I've ever been on a trip without a legal pad and a pen. Lately, I've been making lists of things I am currently interested in, so I thought I would share those with you, for what it's worth. Feel free to add your own recommendations/things you can't live without!

1. Decorating for Fall: As I have mentioned previously, I really like to shop for my home and decorate for the seasons. I have gotten some great ideas from Monogram Momma, especially on the subject of pumpkins. I'm in the process of putting away all the summer stuff and making my house a little more harvest-y. There's a church near me that always has a huge pumpkin sale, and I can't wait to get over there.

2. Fat Free Coffeemate: Seriously the best stuff ever. I really hate to have my morning (and afternoon) coffee without it. I especially love the seasonal flavors that are popping up now.

3. My Pamela Barsky restaurant journal: Like I said, I love to write stuff down, and this journal is really fun. We love to go out to eat, and it's so fun to write down what you had, what you liked and didn't like, who you were with, etc. I am always hoping to go to a new restaurant so I can fill out these pages. If restaurants aren't your thing, she has tons of other stuff that might appeal to you too!

4. New Fall Season in TV: I mentioned in my first post that I love television, and it's true. I really do. I am especially enjoying Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, as far as the new shows go, and am very very glad that Grey's Anatomy is back in my life. I love the Grey's writers' blog too, where they tell you all this interesting stuff about the show and the characters. If you like Grey's Anatomy, you should definitely read it!

5. You may not know this about me, but I am trying to become more crafty (as in good at crafts, not shrewd). I am taking it slow, but have managed to make a few things that aren't terribly hideous. I am working on a little something I am calling the "home" craft, and if it works, I'll show it to you. If not, it will remain my little secret.

Another craft I've got in mind is this wine cork tray. We manage to consume a good bit of wine in our house, and I've been saving corks for about two years. I know I could buy a tray like this, but I also think I could make one for much less!



I realize this wasn't too long a list, but some of the other things I am focused on are too boring to mention! Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing about your "must haves". If I think of anything else, I'll let you know!

4 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Momma said...

I am working on the Wine Cork tray ieda for you. It is on my own "to Do" list so never fear!

i Love the blog!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Oh good! I knew you would come to my rescue! Thanks, MM!

7:09 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

I love that you turned me onto Pamela Barsky! WOW I found some great journals on there and I too have the need to write everything down and have notebooks and journals all over, I have had a restaurant journal for a while but I found a couple of great gifts on there too! THANKS!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I'm so glad! I saw the restaurant journal in a store once and went home anc checked the website, which was like gold to me! They do have great stuff!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home