The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Super Sized

I went to the mountains this weekend, which in some ways was quite lovely. The weather was gorgeous and the views were spectacular. This event was somewhat work related, and there were about 40 other people there with me. I had a good time, but I didn't have much of a weekend.

I am a pretty tall person and basically I was too tall for this weekend. I was too tall for my tiny twin bed where I nearly froze to death Friday night.
I was too tall for the (fabulously hot) shower. In fact, I almost had to do a complete backbend just to get my hair wet. Believe me, this was not a pretty picture.
I was too tall for the tiny car I borrowed to drive my luggage up the steep hill. (By the way, I could barely even get in this car, and as I was trying to get out, I accidentally leaned on the horn and nearly woke the dead).

Basically, I was a giant in a mini village.

All of this reminded me of a time about a year ago, when I went to NYC for a few days with a singing group. My roommate on the trip and I were both normal size humans, but our room was built for gnomes. We referred to each other as "giants in the dollhouse" for the entire week, and couldn't walk in the door without banging into something, knocking something over, or having to crawl completely over each other.

All this really means nothing, except that I got very little sleep, and am dying to return to my extremely comfortable king-sized bed and my shower that was not built for 8 year olds. I hope that tomorrow will find me back to normal in all my gigantic glory.

1 Comments:

Blogger Snake Nation said...

A giant in a tiny village...ha!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home