The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Drive Through Moron

Today was my day off, and I have recently realized that I have no clothes for the wintry weather (even though it was 70 degrees today, it's been colder lately). So, I decided to do a little shopping this morning. On my way to the mall, I went through the Starbucks drive through.

Now, I must take a moment to say that I dearly love the Christmas season flavors starbucks provides. I tried the pumpkin spice latte over the weekend, and it was hideous, in my opinion. Check out Snake Nation's post on it-- I couldn't have said it better, so I won't try.

But! When I pulled up to the sign, they had pictures of the new flavors. I saw my favorite words "Peppermint Mocha" and I almost started crying right then and there. When the voice came over the loud speaker, I said "Do you have the peppermint mocha?" and they said "Yes, we do" and I am not kidding, I SANG in a high pitched voice "YAAAAAAAAAAAY!" like a whole little song. FINALLY, I realized how stupid that probably sounded, so I stopped and managed to place my order.

When I got to the window, they were like "you seem pretty excited" and I had to admit that I had potentially over-reacted to the news, but I just love the PM so much.

This got me to thinking that today was not the first time I acted like an idiot at a drive through window. Several years ago I was at the Taco Bell with my dear Mayor of Crazytown, and I was placing our order. We ordered some soft tacos, and the woman said "Chicken or Beef?" Now, I still don't know why I did this, but for some reason I said in a high pitched voice that sounded like something beeping:"BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF".

Once again, it took me just a little too long to realize what was happening, and as soon as I stopped beeping (beefing?) I started laughing so hard I couldn't see. Mayor was of course cracking up, and we could barely pull up to the window. But I did, and I got those beef tacos.

These are probably not the only two times I acted like an idiot over a loudspeaker, but they are the first two that come to mind. You might think I'd learn from these encounters, but chances are... I haven't.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We must be living in a parallell universe today becuase I too, started out my day at Starbucks and then headed to the mall. I found some really great deals!
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sitting here laughing out loud because don't we get really excited about the littlest things?

6:09 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Totally! You'd think I'd won the lottery or something.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

I wrote a post about how much I love Lean Pockets. You should not be concerned about your drive-thru incident AT ALL.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Starbucks Peppermint Mocha!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

SO DELICIOUS! I need one right now.

1:01 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

It's the little things in life :) Can you tell I am just getting caught up after being out of it for almost a week :) Darn work and such, always getting in the way!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home