The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My Crafting Name is Dumbass

Without any further ado:



I won't make you sit through the entire painful process I just went through to load this picture that isn't even very good, but suffice it to say that as usual, Monogram Momma came to my rescue and helped me get this picture up. THe quality isn't too good, as it was taken from my phone and emailed around the world and back, but here it is.

Monday night, my best friend and I got together to make her board. We knew that we would have an easier time with the second one, and we were right. It only took us about an hour! Granted, hers was smaller, but still... to go from 8 hours to one hour in only one board is a real accomplishment, don't you think?

Our second attempt was not without its own hijinks, and at one point she did give me the inspiration for the title of this post, when she said "Your crafting name is dumbass". I haven't come up with a crafting name for her just yet, but I'm sure it will be complimentary.

I think the crafting bug is really going around the Bossy house, because as we were on the floor making the board, my husband was spreading out a whole bunch of stuff on the dining room table. I asked him what he was doing, and he said "I'm working on my craft". I don't know exactly what this mystery craft is just yet, but it involves markers, a three ring binder, and a bunch of business cards. We'll see what he comes up with. His thumb is still in a bandage, so his crafting ability may be slightly impaired.

Thanks for sticking with me during the saga of the french bulletin board. I should have some better pictures taken with an ACTUAL CAMERA soon, so you may get to see it again. Until then, just think about what kind of board you want me to make for you and place your orders!

8 Comments:

Blogger Snake Nation said...

Looks like "steady hands" is living up to her name! Congrats to you and the mayor!

10:22 AM  
Blogger smarti said...

I am quite impressed!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Thanks, thanks. It does feel good to complete something every once in a while, instead of flying into a crafting rage.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! It looks fantastic, bossy!

3:18 PM  
Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

looks good

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that looks fabulous!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!

8:38 AM  
Blogger jillskict said...

Oh I love it and think it came out fabulous! I love the material you chose too! Good job! I think you are an inspriration to your husband to, that is wonderful. BTW, what is the prognosis on the thumb? Or is he just milking it?

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home