The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 13, 2006

I've Seen a Ghost

So today, I answered the phone at work and it was an older woman calling to let me know that another older woman we know (let's just call her Sophie Smith) had died, and wanting to see if I knew of the arrangements. I had no idea Sophie had died, or was even sick, so I was quite shocked and saddened at this news. I told the caller that I didn't know, but I'd call her back if I heard anything.

After I hung up, I told two of my co-workers about this death. One of them knew her, and one just knew the name but couldn't place her face. As we are standing in the hall talking about this, describing who Sophie Smith was and how sweet she was, how sad we were about her death, we hear the ding of the elevator.

Off the elevator walks Sophie Smith, alive and kicking. My colleague who knew her mutters "is it a ghost?" Sophie walked right up to our other co-worked and said "Hi, we haven't met. I'm Sophie Smith". His jaw dropped to the ground.

Never has anyone been greeted so warmly as she was today.

Eventually, the story came out and she said "Oh dear. I guess I better go home and spread the word that I'm not dead. I think I'm doing pretty good".

Nothing like someone coming back from the dead to spice up an otherwise dull Monday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Snake Nation said...

Incredible. Just incredible.

4:31 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

Oh wow. I have chills.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what happened? Did someone get the name wrong or something? I sure hope they didn't contact the Obit's!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just creepy!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home