The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, November 10, 2006

Off Center

My husband and I moved into our house a little over a year ago. Before that, we lived in a teeny tiny house with one bathroom that was barely big enough for one. That's not the only thing that was wrong at the house, but that's a post for antoher day. (Think restraining order on the next door neighbor and you'll get the general idea).

One of the things that sold us on our current house was the fact that there were 2.5 baths, and the master bath has double sinks. Double sinks! This was the greatest thing!

This morning, as we were standing at the double sinks, I heard a very faint song coming from his side of the sinks. I looked over at him, and said "are you singing?" and was quite shocked when he said "yes, I always sing when I shave".

OK. Here are the things you should know about that:

1. We've been together for 5 years, married for 2, and this is the first I've heard of this.
2. I ALWAYS sing. I sing too much, in fact. I sing to him all the time, mainly just songs I make up. I very rarely hear him sing or hum or anything.
3. He complains regularly about my singing.
4. He rarely shaves.

So, I was like "You DO?", and he says "Yes. I have to. I have to be really careful when I shave because my ears are off center. Singing helps me concentrate."

The things you learn when you share a bathroom.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I really hope he includes that in his own "100 Things About me" list! That is priceless!
Sadly, i too, drive Mr. M crazy with all my singing. Like when we're on road trips and he purposly switches from one station to another and I keep changing songs with the station until he finally says "Is there a single song that you don't know and won't sing to for crying out loud?!"
Uh, NO. No there is not.

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you might just win "Bizarre Story of the Day"

10:53 PM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

HIS EARS ARE OFF CENTER? I just don't even know what to say about this.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I know. It's all very strange.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny! So glad to hear I am not the only one who will just make up songs to sing to my husband (and my puppy). I think I can turn anything into a song - I am sure I must be very annoying for them! :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Keep singing, everybody! I'm sure you all sound lovely!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home