The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Instant Message Therapy

Yesterday I spent a good hour (at least) Instant Messaging with two friends from high school. We all live in different parts of the country and have recently re-connected through the glorious internet.

These ladies were discovering the addictive nature of MySpace, and we had to discuss the profiles of people we went to high school with at length. As you might imagine, there was a lot of "What was his name again?" and "he got married?" and my personal favorite, "why does he have this annoying music on his profile?" Of course, there was also MUCH "LOL" during this time. If you've spent any time on myspace, you know how you can get sucked in and not realize just how much time you've wasted looking at these people you haven't spoken to in years. Now, I am not a huge fan of myspace, although I have spent plenty of time with it. Snake Nation wrote a great post about it, and I agree with her completely.

However, I had some serious fun with it yesterday. I was in a bitchy, sleepy, pants too tight mood, and didn't get a thing accomplished yesterday except eating. However, by the end of my "IM session" with these two old friends, I was laughing out loud (for real) in my office, reminiscing and feeling great. Nothing like a little blast from the past to knock you out of your present funk.

It's also always good for me to remember that even when my day is crappy,I can still laugh and gossip like I did in high school, without having to endure ever again that unique experience known as adolescence. So, many thanks to my girls out there. I hope I can return the favor sometime!


3 Comments:

Blogger smarti said...

This comment only pertains to three words in your post but...yesterday I made a special trip to Joann's Fabric to get a pants extender for those "too tight waist bands" (so said the package). It worked great!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

;-)

Sending you a wink and LOL. Oh, I'm also heading upstairs to partake in some elastic yoga pant action today so you most certainly are not alone!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too LOVED our time on IM about MySpace :) I am up for it again any day!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home