The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Godzilla Attacks the City

I'm in charge of a Silent Auction for my job. The auction is less than two weeks away, and about this time every year, my office starts filling with donations for the auction. Some of these donations are fantastic, and some is stuff you couldn't pay me to take home.

Anyway, my office isn't tiny, but it isn't huge either. So, it's getting harder and harder to move around in here through all the piles of stuff. Yesterday, I had cleared two spots that would enable me to come in and out of my office.

Yesterday afternoon, I decided I needed to get up for something, and I started my climb through my office. I was wearing shoes with heels, so it was a little precarious anyway. I started at my chair, hoisted my leg over one pile of stuff, landed in the first clear spot, and was propelled over the second pile and into the doorway. Somehow I caught some serious momentum doing this, so I basically came flying through my office and all the junk and landed just in the doorway. I am not at all graceful or agile, so it was really quite a feat.

At that precise moment, one of my co-workers, whose office is right next to mine, came around the corner to ask me something.

I landed directly in her face.

Now, I've told you this before: I am not small. But she is. So, not only did she have the first surprise of someone landing right in her personal space, I am like twice her size, so it was a very frightening scene, I'm sure.

She looked absolutely terrified, and we both started laughing so hard we couldn't talk. I truly was like Godzilla attacking this poor little village. She may not recover.

5 Comments:

Blogger Snake Nation said...

I'm teared up a little laughing at this visual.

I have on my least comfortable pair of heels at work today. I cannot really walk in them - and I'm sure I look like a lumberjack walking around in them. Anyway, I'm slipping and sliding around and am amazed I haven't fallen down yet.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Most of the time I am barefoot in my office. But I have to put on my shoes to go places.

4:23 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

Oh that is TOO funny!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to issues in high heels - in a sad, pathetic way.

Imagine yourself in wedge high heels (they really do not bend, do they?) hovering in a stall in the ladies room - hover i say, because, well, as dirty as my arse may be, i'm sure that seat is dirtier.

Bare butt, jeans around my knees, my ankle gives to the right, my butt hits the toilet, and my belt goes in the bowl. water everywhere.

Old lady next stall over - "dear - do you need help" Do i ever, lady, do i ever...husband asks why my belt is soggy when i meet him outside, and all he can do is shake his head at the answer. Sometimes i actually feel sorry for my husband that he won me LOL.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

i'm no expert but I'm thinking ALyssa's DWTS video could limber us up a bit. I'll let you know how it goes...

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home