The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 23, 2007

Nothing Worth Having Is Easy

Well, as you know, I bought the gazebo/canopy thing for our back slab on Monday night. I have today off, so my dad came over this morning to help me put it up. Easy as pie, right?

Since this probably isn't your first day reading my blog (but if it is, welcome!) , you know that nothing ever goes really smoothly the first time around for the Bossies. So, my dad comes over this morning, and we get it out to the backyard and start to assemble it.

The whole thing was going together pretty smoothly, until I realized one small problem:

Due to the height of the frame of the canopy, we can't open the back door.

Now, you may be wondering why I can't just move it back far enough so that the door can open, and that's a fair question. However, our backyard (tiny) drops off immediately at the end of the concrete and is a small hill to the privacy fence our backyard neighbors just put up. (I guess we were bugging them? Who knows. Maybe they don't like dead plants.)

So, instead of flying into a rage, I just looked to my dad for a solution. And of course, he had several. (One of them was taking the whole thing back, but I vetoed that idea). What we're actually going to do is make some concrete forms to raise it up a little bit so that the door can open.

Anyway, as usual, it is going to take a little longer than usual, but I am hopeful that soon I will be the proud owner of a backyard gazebo AND will be able to get to it. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Snake Nation said...

Knowing the work that went into it will make you love that gazebo all the more! Yay for Dad. Will you be hosting brunch under this gazebo??

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home