The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

For the Love of Target

Let's see if this scenario sounds at all familiar to you. You decide to go to Target to pick up a couple of things that you need. An hour and hundreds of dollars later, you're standing at the counter wondering why you came for toothpaste and detergent and are leaving with three new shirts, two bags, some books, some totally cute plates, and some hair products.

Anyone?

Well, yesterday when I got home from work, Mr. Bossy says to me "Do you want to go to Target?" He barely had the sentence out of his mouth before I was like "Hell, yeah! Let's go!"

You may not know this, but Mr. Bossy is teaching himself Italian. He likes to study. So, he bought some software and some books, and is teaching himself to speak Italian. We don't have a trip to Italy planned, but someday we might, so he wants to be ready. Plus, he likes to learn about Italian wine. (I'm not sure you need to speak Italian to do this, but whatever. Someone in our household should enjoy studying and learning).

Anyway, he wanted a notebook and some "flashcards" so help him with his studies, so he wanted to go to Target. Now, I didn't need anything specific, except some laundry detergent, I was just along for the ride.

So, our first stop was of course... the One Spot. All Hail the One Spot. You remember, if you've been reading this scintillating blog for awhile, that I got a kitchen chalkboard for Christmas. I finally got it hung up to my liking, and am loving having it so far. So, you can imagine my delight when I approached the One Spot and saw CHALK SHAPED LIKE EASTER EGGS! Into the cart they went.

We managed to do pretty well, just getting what we came for, until we got to the Garden area. Now, we have a pretty small yard, and on the back of our house is a 10 x 10 concrete slab, basically, where we keep our grill and ... a dead plant. (I kill things). Anyway, our neighbors bought this fabulous canopy thing for their slab last year, and it totally makes their back yard look a million times better. So, we tried to get one last year, but they were out of stock or something.

But! When we got to the garden section, there they were, in all their glory. We asked the price on the one we wanted, and it was pretty reasonable! The guy said they even had it in stock. We must be living right!

Well, when the guy actually went into the warehouse, he couldn't find it, but he called another Target and found out that they had three of them. So, off we went. After a few false starts with the Target employees, ( one of them referred to both Mr. Bossy and me as "ladies"), we were the proud owners of this baby:



Bear in mind, that's not my backyard and we don't have that furniture. Remember: At press time we have a grill and a dead plant. But, my handyman dad is coming over sometime this weekend to help us put it up, and I am sure that I will get it furnished shortly thereafter. I am super-pumped about this.

Two hours, two Targets, Two hundred-some odd bucks all added up to one fabulous Monday at the Bossy house.

10 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Oh I am so with you on the Target trips. They are disastrous to the innocent unspecting credit cards. All hail The One Spot indeed. And many other spots throughout the store as well. I really like your new purchase.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Thanks, Melissa! I am sure I'll have some tales to tell about us actually putting it up. I imagine that won't be as easy as it looks.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

Yeah, I allow myself one trip to Target a week, at the most. Otherwise I won't make my mortgage. I do love the canopy! Good luck putting it up.

10:43 AM  
Blogger jillskict said...

I cannot WAIT to hear how it goes up! I love it though, I love sitting outside in the summer time and that will be perfect for it. I used to work for Target HQ, so thank you for supporting my former job, I still have friends there and I know that they appreciate it! There is one of those fancy Targets downtown here that has the escalator and such, when I go for a skyway walk, I usually wind up there, so I am in there ohhhh maybe three times a week, talk about dangerous!

10:59 AM  
Blogger smarti said...

I have to put myself on constant Target restriction...which usually means I go more often because I forget why I went there to begin with. And that One Spot is usually a 10 Spot for me!

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the canopy! And can I EVER relate to the Target budget busting! We don't have one super close anymore but I have found their website to be almost as exciting... I actually should have a package with shoes, bag, dress and top on my porch this afternoon! Mizrahi was a genius to start selling there! I will be going to a store shortly for their bathing suit selection - I am too nervous to try those online!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

SCORE! I LOVE those trips to Target! And the One Spot? You are SPOT ON, Bossy.

We are fully expecting pictures, you know...

8:11 PM  
Blogger Suburban prep said...

Target is like a hazzard trap for me. I don't even golf and I get stuck there for more than the ten minutes I wanted to go in to get the items needed.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

very cool! I love the canopy. It's a perfect size for anyone! Good job!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Kimba said...

Just think the $$ they get from just us alone!!! If I leave there without spending $100 I will make up for it on my next trip!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home