The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, May 07, 2007

Memory Loss

I used to pride myself on having an excellent memory. I can still remember a lot of stuff, but I'm not quite as sharp as I used to be. I guess I'm aging or something, or maybe my brain is just too full of all my knowledge...

Anyhoo, today Mayor and I had to go to an all-morning meeting, so afterwards we went out to lunch. At our meeting, she was sitting by this girl who introduced herself to us as Catherine. We chatted with her a little, and she had several comments to make during the meeting.

Over lunch, Mayor and I were discussing the meeting (gossiping) and talking about the different comments that people made. Over the course of our conversation, she asked me what Catherine's name was at least three times. The third time she asked me, I said snidely, "I only learned her name when she introduced herself to us today". We laughed about that a little and continued eating.

On our way out, we saw two men that she knew. She had seen them come in, and couldn't remember their names. As we passed by, one of them greeted her by name, and she introduced me to them. Both men said their full names to me as I shook hands with them.

Fifteen seconds later, when we got outside, I said, "What was that guy's name again?" She told me, and ,"I only learned it when he introduced himself JUST NOW".

What goes around comes around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home