The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Three Sheets to the Wind


I love bedding. I look at bedding all the time, and always want to get new stuff for my bed and the guest bed. I have torn so many pages out of the Pottery Barn catalog with pictures of different bedrooms, to keep in my little notebook in case I ever have a gigantic home and an unlimited budget for decorating.

Anyway, I have decided it's time for me to invest in a new set of sheets. I like the sheets that I have fine, but I don't like my second set, and I'm tired of washing these and putting them right back on all the time. I need a rotation. I doubt that this is important to anyone else who lives in my house, but I feel the time is right.

However, as you probably know, sheets ain't cheap. And, the bigger the bed, the higher the price. We have a king-size bed, which is nice, as we are not tiny people (as I may have mentioned), and it gives us plenty of room. However, this means that good quality sheets are pretty pricey.

But, a wonderful thing happened to me yesterday. I was thinking about my new sheets, and wondering where I could get them for less, and I remembered that last year I bought this Lenox Christmas china for an amazingly low price at Smart Bargains. I mean, seriously, I bought 6 dinner plates and 6 salad plates for very little. (BTW, I really love china, which I may need to devote an entire post to sometime soon. That'll show my husband who's boring and who's not).

Anyway, I went on over to Smart Bargains, and found tons of high thread count sheets for really great prices. These bargains are so smart that I am thinking I need two sets of sheets! How economical and practical that would be! What I really want is some monogrammed sheets, so I'll probably be selecting a set that can be easily monogrammed by my monogramming friend.

For now, I think it's high time I made a decision on these sheets. I can hear my current sheets tumbling around in the dryer, which means soon I have to put them back on the bed. I am eagerly awaiting the days when they can sit and wait in the basket like the rest of the laundry. Now if I only had a linen closet that looked like Martha Stewart's, I'd be in business.

5 Comments:

Blogger jillskict said...

I LOVE bedding. Do you read Grosgrain Garage? http://grosgraingarage.blogspot.com/2006/10/bed-for-all-seasons.html
That is a post she had about changing the bedding with seasons which I love to do. I also love sheets. I think I have a code for free shipping for orders over $75 at Smart Bargains, ahh here it is http://www.smartbargains.com/?PROGRAM=12407&aid=176&ls_sid=pp0U11nmf3Y-OEIRtLWcaGS9Ux2TWCccYQ or $10 off of $125 http://www.smartbargains.com/?PROGRAM=12522&aid=176&ls_sid=pp0U11nmf3Y-edTjWUwpm6KF6V.gYKJlig Happy shopping!!!!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Awesome! Thanks Jilly!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

I have never even heard of Smart Bargains! Thanks for the tip Bossy!
I too find myself really wanting white sheets and white comfortor, but with a big dog who apparently likes nice egyptian cotton linens as much as I do, white is not my best option.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

MM. these bargains are really smart! I ordered myself two sets yesterday for the price of less than one!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Susan Dench said...

I wish my linen closet looked half as organized as this one...it's more along the lines of "open the door and stand back" right now. You have inspired me to clean it up!

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home