The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, October 13, 2006

To Vera or Not to Vera?

One of the questions that I have wrestled with for many years is this:

Do I want to buy a Vera Bradley bag?

You may not see this as one of the deep, important questions of our time, and that's fine. However, this is one issue that I have struggled with for a while now. I have a few questions regarding Vera, and maybe you can help me with them:



1. Can these bags be monogrammed?
2. If so, can they be monogrammed by my own monogramm-er, or do I have to do it through VB?
3. How regularly do they discontinue the patterns?
4. Is it better (price-wise) to buy them through Vera Bradley or at a local retailer?
5. Are these bags really me?


I know, you probably don't know the answer to question #5, but that's one I struggle with the most. I can tell you that I love the duffel bags and hanging bags, and I really like the Java Blue pattern (as do a LOT of people where I live), so I'd probably start with that and see how I feel from there.


I have a deep love for all kinds of bags, in all shapes and sizes. I think what I love most about bags is that no matter your shape or size, no matter if you are having a skinny jeans day or a fat pants day, your purse always fits. Just a little bit of wisdom from yours truly.

5 Comments:

Blogger Snake Nation said...

I'm with you on this query. I can't make up my mind about those Vera Bradley bags. I've struggled with this for a couple of years. I know they're not my personal style for a purse - but what I want to know is: do I want a Vera Bradley travel bag? Part of me really thinks I do, part of me says no.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Mayor of Crazytown said...

Here is my thought- I like them....but they are too darned expensive. if I am going to spend a lot of money on a purse, I'm saving my money for one with Coach on it. However, I do feel these are good things to get as gifts....

2:57 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

OK, I really like Vera and I have a Vera backpack. But, that being said, I find I really need to be in a Vera type of mood to tote it around. I had mine monogrammed by my local monogrammer. it's very cute and I get lots of compliments on it, but honestly I use it mostly to carry an extra diaper, wipes and a few litle cars and books for the boys into restaurants so I don't have to tote the diapre bag around.

3:36 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

I have a full set of Vera in the red leaf pattern that has been discontinued. Okay here comes too much information, but here goes. I was once married to a professional golfer who toured. We would travel for long weekends frequently and also spent a good amount of time in FL during the winter months. I still worked though so again would just go down for long weekends. Vera bags work perfectly for these instances particularly and also they are great if you love to go to B & B's. I did have to complete my set through Ebay, but was able to do so with new pieces still years later and twice now have had to replace two of my bags. They pack well as carry-ons which is one thing I love about them and they are also easily identifiable. I also had mine monogrammed, but that was because I took them on trips a lot and there were other people with the same pattern. I say do what makes you comfortable, start small, look on ebay, great deals there.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its been a while since you posted this, but in case you are still trying to decide. Yes, they can be monogrammed! By your local monogrammer if you like, but if you email Vera Bradley they will even recommend colors to monogram the bags in! I think most patterns are out at least a couple years, maybe longer for the popular ones.

For the longest time I really didn't understand people's obsessions with Vera Bradley bags. But in the past couple years they have come out with some great patterns, and I have definitely become a Vera fan!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home