The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 16, 2006

A Very Strange Saturday

Before I get to today's post, I would like to report to you that my husband's thumb still hurts, and whenever I get within 5 feet of him, he says "Respect the thumb". I'm trying.

This past Saturday I had to go to a funeral. I have been to many funerals/memorial services, and this one was very nice. It was notable for a few reasons:

1. It was freezing. Freezing. I was wearing a long skirt, hose, and a long sleeved light-weight sweater, and I thought I was going to keel over. This wouldn't have been the end of the world, except...

2. It lasted about an hour and a half. Now, you may be thinking, "that's nothing, every service I've been to lasts 3 hours" or something like that. Like I said, it was a lovely service, and I think I would have enjoyed hearing what everyone had to say if the microphones had been on and my teeth weren't chattering.

3. There was a celebrity sighting! Amy Ray, of the Indigo Girls, was there. If you don't know who the Indigo Girls are, I am very sorry for you, and must encourage you to find out immediately. I managed to restrain myself from hopping up to get her autograph, but I could barely take my eyes off her.


Ok, so this service was at noon. While I was there, I left my cellphone in my car, of course, and I missed two calls from my husband. He had been at work all morning, and I felt sure he was calling to say that he'd bring home lunch, as he often does on Saturdays. I called him back, listening to my stomach growl (and trying to regain feeling in my frozen extremeties) and we have the following conversation:

Bossy: What's up? I'm on my way home.
Bar-Husband: Ok, Clark is here and he brought food. [Clark is a good friend we often watch football with]
Bossy: Great! I'm starving. What did he bring?
Bar-Husband: Prosciutto and melons.
Bossy: Pardon?
Bar-husband: Oh yeah, and eclairs.


So, moments later I get home to find three guys in their thirties with the following on the coffee table:

Beers
A box of Frozen Eclairs
One of my china serving pieces filled with canteloupe and prosciutto
Ritz crackers


I can't explain this, nor did I sample this little feast. I made myself some macaroni and cheese and read my US Weekly. Next time that Clark shows up he better have a Chick Fil A party platter with him or I'm not letting him in the door. That's all I'm saying.

4 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Momma said...

Don't knock the prosciutto and melon! Although, I' will agree, Chick-fil-a sure does go a lot longer to feed a growling stomach!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Is that a real thing? Prosciutto and melon? I didn't know that was a food combination people ate. In my defense, I stay far from melons in general, so I'm not well versed in their pairings!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

LOL! Yes it's real! We serve it all the time. It's actually Italian, an antipasto. Let me tell you I can eat my weight in proscuitto and melon when we are in Italy (and belive you mean, that is quite a lop of melon and pig!)

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home