The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

An Acrobatic Mishap

I mentioned in my 100 Things about me that I am not too athletic. That's quite an understatement, actually. I consider it a victory when I can walk down the hall without spilling, tripping, or falling.

So, last night, I went into our room and my husband was propped up on his side of our bed watching tv. I was about to hop in the bed myself, but for some reason, as I was standing by the bed, I looked at it and thought to myself "This would be a good place to do a somersault".

Now, we do have a king-sized bed, but I am a king-sized person, so this was a bad idea from the start. I asked my husband if he thought I should do one, and he was like "I don't even understand you".

So, I decided to go for it. I tried to do a little jump and bring my knees up to the bed, but when I did that, I immediately tipped backward and landed on the ground.

Undaunted, I decided to try again. This time I got up on the bed and tucked my head, but at the last minute, the vision of me in a neckbrace for the rest of my life took hold, so I stopped and sort of rolled across the bed.

At this point, I was so overcome with laughter that I just had to lie down. My husband, however, was less than amused, and just rolled his eyes, asking, "What the hell are you doing?" and I said "Well, I don't want to break my neck. I haven't done a somersault in about 25 years, so I need to get this right".

I collected myself and stood up to try one more time. I tucked my head and rolled. I was sure that when I landed and opened my eyes I'd be in the perfect position. Alas, I managed to roll at a right angle, so instead of going across the width of the bed, I turned somehow and my feet ended up directly in my husband's face.

At this point, the acrobatics were over.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My god, I am ReALLY laughing out loud SO HARD right now at this story!

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit I have had to refrain myself from doing something this crazy at times. Like jumping up in my hall and trying to touch the lights....I about threw my back out on that one....but I am way OLD! Old people should not do tricks.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I think this blog is revealing too much about how weird I really am.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

I am welled up with tears right now laughing at this.

8:57 AM  
Blogger J said...

Too funny! I do things like this! A few weeks ago I was outside raking leaves and decided to attempt a cartwheel, something I have not done since I was around 10 years old. It wasn't pretty. But at least I didn't hurt myself.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

J- When I am at the beach, I can barely hold back from doing cartwheels, but I think I'd end up in the emergency room!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

That's good stuff. I found you through MM and I am definitely coming back for more acrobatic and other stunt reports!

7:54 PM  
Blogger J said...

I'm just glad my backyard is fairly private so no one could see me!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home