The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Fine. I Have Issues.

I have always preferred to shop for clothes alone. I like to shop quickly and I am not comfortable with people telling me how things look on me, I just like to get what I like and move forward.

So, last week I mentioned to you that I have no appropriate clothes for this season, so it was high time I went shopping. Here are a few things that happened (AFTER the Starbucks incident described a few days ago).

1. The mall was excruciatingly hot. I was sweating like a pig from the moment I walked in, which is never a good sign.

2. I set off store sensors FIVE times. That's right. Three times it was my cellphone and one time it was my actual clothes. Figuring all this out involved me having to empty all my bags and have salesmen rummage through my new undies, etc.

3. I shop in the "women's section", and was slightly turned around in this one department store. A man passing out cologne samples handed me one and said "can I help you find something?" Normally I would say no, but I think the fumes (and the heat) got to me and I said "Women's Department". He said "You're going to have to be more specific", and I said "WOMEN'S. SHOP FOR WOMEN." (which is what they call it there). NOTHING from this guy, just a blank stare. So then, I made a general sweeping motion with my hand around my body and said "BIG SIZES!". He just sort of shook his head and pointed down the escalator.

I did manage to find a bunch of good stuff, although it was waaaay too hot to try it all on, so I just crossed my fingers and brought it home. Lucky for me, it worked out, because returning that crap would have killed me.

This is why God invented online shopping.

5 Comments:

Blogger Snake Nation said...

I hear ya, sister. I simply do not go shopping for clothes with other people. And when the mall is hot - it's a trip to hell is what it is. Good for you for getting the job done.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

by the way, I really need to get the whole linking thing figured out for my blog. It's time.....

9:24 AM  
Blogger smarti said...

I too prefer shopping alone. If someone else goes with me, I usually end up at home with nothing. I just can't do it. Alone, however, I rack up!

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, Sister!

If I'm clothes shopping for myself, I go it alone. I am quick, do NOT EVER try on in the store (never has.. a pet peave of mine.. you know there could totally be camera's in there!), so I buy it and bring it home. but like you said, thank god for Internet shopping!

2:05 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

I prefer going it alone as well, I can accomplish a lot more ground that way, and I always prefer to try on at home as well, I can do a shoe selection that way as well! The only thing I will try on in the store is jeans, because I usually have to try on 80 pairs before I find one I like!

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home