The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 20, 2006

A Hair Raising Problem

Ok, so I may or may not have confessed to you before that I am not a "pet person". Before you email me or make disparaging remarks, please understand this: I do not, repeat, do not wish harm on the animal kingdom in any way. However, I believe I am within my rights to say that I don't want any in my home. I don't relate well with animals, I am not interested in them, I don't like anything besides humans in the bed with me, etc.

All these reasons are true and (I believe) valid, but the main thing I don't like about pets is this:

FUR.


I have a real aversion to animal hair. I'm not allergic, I just hate it. Nothing irritates me more than going to a friend's house and leaving covered in animal hair. I know it's not their fault, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Plus, I have my own furry mammal to deal with in the form of my husband.

He has beautiful thick, dark, hair. He repeatedly tells me that his hair is his best feature. He has a very full head of hair, which pleases him greatly. However, he sheds. He sheds SO MUCH. There is hair everywhere and I KNOW it isn't mine.

We have a bathtub in our master bath that I have used once and he has never used. However, there is always a fair amount of his hair in the tub and I can't figure out why.

So, I asked him if he was taking baths when I wasn't home. He said no. I said, "Have you ever even been in the bathtub? Like, have you had to stand in there to hang up your towel or something?" Again, he said no. Finally I said "Do you just stand in there and shake to piss me off?"

He says he doesn't, so either his shedding problem is just taking over the house one by one, or that ghost that messes with our fan is very hairy indeed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Momma said...

I vote for the ghost.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

Maybe Bar Husband should wax. Just a thought.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Mayor of Crazytown said...

Sorry, but I just threw up a little in my mouth. I'm just picturing husband shedding like a dog.....
:)

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home