The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Hip to Be Square

As I have mentioned previously, I have a genuine love for tableware. I am not exaggerating when I say that I selected my casual china when I was in high school, and have had a deep and meaningful love for it ever since.

Recently, I have become quite enamored of the square plates that seem to be popping up in places like Pottery Barn or Pier 1. Many's the hour I have wasted standing in the store holding a square plate, asking myself if this is something I actually need or not. I haven't been able to convince myself just yet that I needed a whole new set of plates.

Until.

Portmeirion is now making square plates! Yes! Square plates! I know, I know, you're as happy as I am. I don't blame you. This is a red-letter day for me.

I was at my parents' house the other day and was like, "MOM. Guess what!? Portmeirion has square plates!" She was properly enthused, but my dad, who'll you remember from the riveting "fan post", said "Square plates? Why?" We ignored that.

My mom then said something like "You'll have to put that on your Christmas list". I'm thinking, more like my "must have immediately" list.

I'll be sure to let you know when I get them, but for now you'll just have to settle for my new favorite picture.

2 Comments:

Blogger smarti said...

I have a couple square plates (not a set, just a couple). I mostly use them for serving but on occasion, I break them out for a romantic dinner (well, I did that once but I'm sure it will happen again).

5:35 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I don't know why I love them so much. I'm glad to know my favorite country girl likes 'em too.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home