The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bee-Atch

Well, friends, today you should be giving thanks that you don't work with me (except for you. Sorry).

Anyway, I wasn't very nice today. In fact, I was a real pain in the ass. And I'm not sure why, excpet for that when I am in a bad mood, I tend to expect people to know it instinctively and leave me alone. Since people aren't mind readers, this usually goes awry, and the things that don't normally bother me much seem to be magnified 100 fold, and then I am forced to lose it.

I felt so guilty about my behavior that when I left work I called my husband and said "I was so bad today. I was in a bad mood so I took it out on everyone I work with". I was expecting him to say something comforting and supportive, something that would cheer me right up.

His response?

"Well, now they have a small idea of what it's like to be me".

Thanks, buddy. That sure did a lot to quell my rage.

8 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Momma said...

well i sure as heck hope HE won't be getting dinner tonight!

Comments like that usually prompt me to go on a laundry strike also. You should try it. Really, I find it quite effective in the husband department. Stop doing his laundry and THEN see how supportive he can be.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Oh, that would do it for me, too. Grrrrrr.

7:20 PM  
Blogger That's Sew Sally said...

You people may not understand how this works. Imagine about 360 days a year having our little angel around the place making nicey nice for everyone and then to have her incarnated to this being was very disturbing. Luckily for me I am thick skinned. Ha Ha...not really. She did work very hard to make it all right. Love you! :)
PS...I wasn't really mad.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Mackenzie said...

I would have no guns to pull as I don't do his laundry, regularly make him dinner or really do anything for him. We are a house divided.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Husbands, eh? What are they like? It's kind of funny to see that your hubby (like mine!) has absolutely no sense of self-preservation!

This is a perfect time for 'Your dinner is in the dog!'

(And MM, a laundry strike! LOL!)

4:47 AM  
Blogger jillskict said...

I had that kind of a day Tuesday as well. I actually told the boy to just stop talking because no matter what he said it set me off. I am not normally like that so I think it caught him off guard, but of course he was nice and said, that's okay, I understand, we all have days like that. HMPH!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Can I make a confession right now that bee-atch (or however it's spelled) is one of my very favorite words? I don't know why, but I just love it. Strange.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

HA! Sarah, ME TOO.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home