The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Uh -Oh

I think the second post I ever wrote on this blog told a little story about how much I wanted a chalkboard in the kitchen. My husband, as I said, was NOT AT ALL interested in this idea, and seemed to think that having a chalkboard would empower me to leave him bossy little notes.

Well, this morning, I met two of my co-workers for our annual breakfast and holiday gift exchange. We had a great time, and I got some fantastic presents! When I got to the last present, I lifted the lid of the box and found a box of chalk. Underneath the chalk was a little note that said "There is a chalkboard waiting for you in my office".

Eeee! I was so excited! And yet, so apprehensive about my husband's reaction. I can tell you, he's not going to like it. Maybe if I give him a sworn affadavit that if I ever leave bossy little notes ("Dirty dishes don't belong on the coffee table!") he can take it down. Or maybe I should just get him drunk and tell him then. Or, I could just hang it up and act like it's always been there.

I'll be sure to let you know what happens... it could very well end up in my office. Or in the guest bedroom, where I might be invited to start sleeping if I play my cards wrong!

Viva la Chalkboard!

5 Comments:

Blogger Snake Nation said...

the chalk board in the guest room is a fun idea, actually. ultimately, i think getting bar husband drunk before giving him the news is your best bet. see you tonight :)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

Treat it like you would a brand new expensive purchase.. "What? This old thing? I've actually had that forever and just now got around to using it."

2:52 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

YEAH!!!! A Chalkboard!!! Me too! I had one in my house out East and I just LOVED it, fortunately or unfortunately so did the new buyers so I left it (plus I had painted the trim to match the mudroom where it was located) but I was at an estate sale with my mother last weekend and I bought an old vintage one that weighs a ton and I cannot WAIT to get it up in my kitchen over my sink! I had friends over for dinner last night and they loved it too! Question is, white or colored chalk?

5:15 PM  
Blogger a. said...

Nice! I love getting something you actually want!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

Definitely White, Jilly!

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home