The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 15, 2006

One of the Best

You know how there are some things that make you feel good no matter what else is going on?

Well, the other day I was exhausted and heading off to a four hour rehearsal. We had no food in the house so I was forced to eat Bran Flakes for two meals that day. (which they say on the box is a good way to lose weight. I'm not sure if it works if your other meal involves cheese and chips, but whatever). Anyway, the house is a mess, the laundry is up to the ceiling, some of the presents still haven't arrived, etc. etc. etc.

So, in my frustration, I did what anyone would do. I turned to my best friend/love of my life, tivo, and ran through the "now playing" list... and there it was. One of the best episodes ever of the best show EVER.

Now, I realize that you are not all avid 90210 watchers like I am, but I hope that you can think back to your younger days when it was the best thing going, and remember this, one of the great lines of the entire series:

Scene: Casa Walsh, the night of the spring dance (the one where Brenda gives it up to Dylan...)
Brenda and Kelly are wearing the same dress-- the black one with the white bow thing across the top.

Kelly: Brenda! I am a spring princess!

Brenda: Kelly... I don't give a damn!

I swear, everytime I see that, my mood just changes. I love it so much. After watching that, I skipped off to finish my chores, humming that beautiful theme song. (You know the one... when Dylan does the two punches to Brandon's face-- du na na na, du na na na. ch ch... )


Many thanks to you, Aaron Spelling.

5 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Momma said...

You know why i love that episode?? Because it prompted a mutual friend of ourse to buy and wear the SAME EXACT DRESS! YES! Drove her mother crazy loking for it! (and you know who you are too!)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

LOVE IT. Did she find the dress?! That makes me love that episode even MORE.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes- She ABSOLUTELY found that dress! Ha ha ha :)
Wore it to PDC with the "hated" boyfriend.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

HAHAHAHAHAH
What I wouldn't do to see a picture of that.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh... you know I have one smuggled away somewhere. I will work on finding it and surprise you both one day :)

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home