The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

For the Love of Brian

Monday night, to celebrate Mr. Bossy's ushering in of a new year, we went to dinner with his two best friends at one of his favorite places. The ride there was fairly uneventful, although Mr. Bossy and I spent a good bit of time bickering about the difference between prison and jail, and which one it is you can see gleaming in the distance when you turn into our neighborhood. (I was right. Duh).

So, at the restaurant we did go for the total dining experience... we had some rare tuna for an appetizer (I have only recently discovered that I like this, but yum), along with some white wine, and a cocktail. I also had an excellent spinach salad, a fabulous filet, and to die for creamed corn, all accompanied by some red wine, naturally.

I may or may not have told you this, but I have always been attracted to servers in restaurants. Mr. Bossy was managing a restaurant when we met, and I think this is what initially drew me to him. I spent years of my life pining over the server in my local Mexican restaurant, whose name was Radames. He was from Ecuador and I regularly referred to him as "Ecua-dorable". He was hot, let me tell you.

Anyway, the point is that I like men who bring me food. I like men who seem to want me to eat, and don't judge me if I need another bowl of creamed corn or whatever. My current crush is the extremely hot and extremely gay lunch server at my husband's restuarant. Flirting with him is the highlight of my week sometimes.

All this to say that Monday night was no exception. Our server, Brian, did the thing I love most about servers. He said, "Excellent choice" to my order every time. Now, I KNOW that he very well could have been thinking "Hideous choice, you jackass", but that's not what he said. I like to be affirmed in my decision making, so I choose to believe he was telling the truth, that he did think my choices were absolutely top-notch.

He also called me "young lady" a few times, which caused me to remind everyone at the table how MUCH YOUNGER I am than they are, which they appreciated greatly, I think.

Anyway, a few glasses/bottles of wine later, I had to announce to the table that I had a full fledged crush on Brian and that I thought it was mutual.

You might be thinking, "What a nice way to wish Mr. Bossy a happy birthday, bi-atch", but I can assure you, he rarely pays attention to the things I say in public.

9 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Momma said...

OMG> I am CRACKING UP! This is HYSTERICAL!!!!!!
And on a little sad note, no one at my regular mexican place can be considered "Ecua-dorable." Why is that, exactly?

10:31 PM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

good one, bossy. I have no doubt that Brian was mirroring your crush.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Too, too funny! Unfortunately, like MM, I definitely don't have any ecua-dorable waitors at my Mexican restaurant either!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I'm telling you girls, Radames was one in a million. I once got him to come to a party at my house (in my younger/wilder days).

He carried around a jug of vodka and cranberry juice and said "OK, shot time!" to anyone he passed. I still love him.

9:59 AM  
Blogger smarti said...

Radames was "Ecua-dorable" and I am fond of telling my beau about that lovely waiter. My local Mexican eatery has waiters that scold my boyfriend for making me live in my city alone. Gotta love strangers getting in on the "when are you getting married?"

10:32 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

LOVE IT.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK- since we share the love for that local Mexican establishment and Radames, the TOTALLY cracked me up! Literally laughing out loud where my officemates are asking me what is so funny (whoops). Anyway, I have yet to find even a decent Mexican Restaurant in NJ much less a place with some Ecua-dorables :(
Thanks for the laugh though!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BBW you are so funny! Ecuadorable! I'm dying here!

PS: There's a difference between jail and prison?

5:07 PM  
Blogger That's Sew Sally said...

Of course I know the difference between prison and jail...Hello? favorite show "Prison Break". I keep finding out these wonderful tidbits about you. Our lunch waiter called me by name the other day, maybe you noticed...It was a very special moment. What would he think about all of this :)

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home