The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 08, 2006

Oh, Snap!

I know that I have been lax about my blogging responsibilities. Like all of you, I have too much going on and sometimes blogging has to take a backseat. I'm not proud of it, and I will try to do better.

This week in the Bossy house, we have been dealing with a particular issue. Monday afternoon, I get a call from Mr. Bossy. Without saying hello, he says "You're not going to like this at all". ( This is not the best way to start a conversation with me.)

I say, "WHAT? What is it?WHAT!?" and he says, "OK, I didn't do anything, I just sat down on the bed to put on my socks" (At this point I'm thinking that freaking Spencer the ferret has found me after all these years) So, I calmly say, "OK... then what?" and he's like "The bed broke."

Pardon?

"The bed broke. It just snapped, it's shattered"

Now, I know by now that Mr. Bossy is prone to exaggeration, and I'm used to it, so I try to get him to describe to me what happened. He's not explaining it too well, and I am getting more and more stressed listening to him, expecially considering we got this bed almost exactly one year ago. He was feeling pretty bad about himself, as you tend to do when things break after you sit on them, but I assured him that heavier people than he also sit on beds, and that it was really ok.

So, I came home, and inspected the damage. As I hoped, it wasn't that bad. It was really just the top left corner that had collapsed. So, we took everything off, and Mrs. Handywoman got to work. We put it all back together after I worked on it, he sat down, and ... snap. Right back where we started.

So, we took everything off again, I sat down on the floor in the middle of the frame, and did what I should have done the first time: called my dad.
If you've been reading for awhile, you know my dad is the one who installed the ceiling fan, so I knew he could handle this.

As luck would have it, he was in full handyman mode when I called him, and was willing to come right over. He brought his tools and had the bed fixed within about 10 minutes. We put it all back together again, and I sat on it. Nothing happened. I rolled over. Still good.

So, I had to go off to a rehearsal, and when I got back that night, the bed was still intact. I got in, and everything was fine. When my husband decided to get in bed, he was really nervous. He stood beside the bed and stared at it with trepidation for a few moments, and I said "It's fine. Just get in", so he eased himself in the bed the way you'd ease yourself into a freezing cold swimming pool.

He managed to get completely in the bed and was lying there stock still. I was like "See? It's fine."

His response? He decided to sing a little song... "No sudden movements". He sang that a few times, while I just listened, fully expecting the bed to crash and the fan light to come on at the same time. Neither happened, and so far (knock wood) we've survived. Every night though, he uses a little extra caution when climbing into bed, and reminds me not too move too much.

6 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Momma said...

Poor Bar husband!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

Uh-oh. Well, if it makes him feel better, you can tell Bar Husband that just a couple of weeks ago I was trying on a pair of pants at Old Navy - and when I went to bend down, I ripped the lining...a big, loud "rrriiiiipppp".

12:52 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

they make the zippers in their pants too darn short at Old Navy!!!

4:17 PM  
Blogger a. said...

OK, that was a good one!

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Mr Bossy (and yay for your Dad!).

I am sooo tempted to make silly jokes about 'caution' and 'no sudden movements' but I will restrain myself ;-)

3:02 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

I am not sure if using caution in a bed is a good thing. . . . is there anyway to build in reinforcements? Sorry, I just had to go there. . . .

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home