The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, December 04, 2006

A "Tail" from the Past

I know that I have been gone for a while, and I apologize. Unfortunately I have been very busy and have had to let blogging take a backseat. I don't feel good about myself.

While I may have had some blog-worthy experiences in the past few days, I have chosen today to share with you a blast from my past.

When I graduated from college, I moved into a house with my two best friends. Mayor's dad was our landlord, and we were renting this house from him for practically nothing, which was good, because we only had money for alcohol.

I shared a small bathroom with our other roommate, while Mayor had her own bathroom. One morning, I got out of the shower and started drying off. All of a sudden, I saw on the floor, about 3 feet away from me, some sort of a creature.

This was not a mouse-sized creature, or a squirrel, or anything like that. It was more the size of a large cat, and it wasn't something I'd ever seen before. I've told you all how I feel about pets, and how uncomfortable and anxious I feel around things with fur.

You can imagine my great fear at this point. Naturally, I leapt (with total grace, let me assure you) onto the toilet so this thing couldn't get me. With my towel wrapped around me, I jumped over it and ran out the door, slamming it shut behind me. I burst into Mayor's room, practically knocking down her door, and screaming:

"HELP! HELP! THERE'S AN ANIMAL IN MY BATHROOM! IT'S SOMETHING NOT FOUND IN NATURE! HELP!" (over and over again).

She ran out of her room and right up to my bathroom door, where she stopped short and screamed, "IT'S SCRATCHING AT THE DOOR LIKE A GERMAN SHEPHERD!"

At this point we were both completely freaking out. I mean, we were screaming, laughing, and crying all at once.

So, she called her dad, the landlord, and he came over. We were standing up on the couch at this point, so we could see this creature from any angle. We could hear him from the bathroom, saying "Oh! This is someone's pet!"

WHAT? Someone's pet?

Turns out, this vile creature was a ferret. That's right, a friendly neighborhood ferret found its way into our house and INTO MY BATHROOM while I showered.

Turns out, it belonged to some teen boys who lived across the street. When our landlord returned the ferret, their only comment was, "Spencer! You bad boy".

I don't think I've ever fully recovered.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mayor of Crazytown said...

I was there and let me assure everyone that Bossy is not exagerrating this story in the least, nor is she making it up. It happened exactly like that. Sometimes I still think of her yelling "Its not found in nature" and die laughing...like right now.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Mackenzie said...

As someone who now lives in said house (not for pennies a month) this was the first story told to us as we walked the house the first time. Dad needs to learn that isn't a selling point.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

eeeewwwwwww. Never seen a ferret in person and never want to. I would have FREAKED, just like you. Thanks for the laugh!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

Of course the ferret had to seek out the non-animal loving individual that lived in the house.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

A ferrett named Spencer? I love this story.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Allie_in_Ga said...

This story just cracks me up for so many reasons!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home