The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Complaint Department

Happy Valentine's Day to all! Hearts all around.

On to my complaint:

We got back from Greece in early Januray. Mr. Bossy became a shutterbug while we were there and took a whole mess of pictures with our new camera. Since we got back, he's been after me to get teh pictures printed out, so he can put them in a photo album. (I don't scrapbook).

So, a few weeks ago, I thought it would be a nice gesture to print out the pictures and surprise him with them. I went to the CVS, where I have printed my pictures before, and stood in line for the hideously beeping picture kiosk. I selected the pictures I wanted to print, followed all the instructions, and left, with the promise that I could pick them up in an hour.

The next morning, I went back to CVS to pick up my pictures, and they had no record of my visit. I had a receipt, from them, with my name and confirmation number on it, but they had no record that I had been there. I didn't have time to go through the whole process again, so they took my number and said they'd keep looking.

The next day she called me and said these pictures were nowhere to be found, but that she'd discount my pictures when I brought them back in.

After a couple of weeks, and Mr. Bossy asking about them periodically, I decided it would be a nice Valentine treat for him to give him the pictures. (Isn't that a nice way to give a present? Just put off doing something you know they want until a holiday rolls around. Wife of the year, right here.).

Anyhooo... I took the card in yesterday, went through the whole process again, got a receipt, told her I'd be back in the morning, and went on my merry way. I went in this morning on the way to work. I was in line behind an extremely angry woman who was demanding her money back and yelling at the top of her lungs about everything and anything.

I get to the counter and hand over my slip. She said , "I was trying to work on this". We went over to the kiosk, and there was my info, with a big ERROR beside it. Apparently, it didn't work AGAIN. She said she'd keep trying and call me later.

In her defense, she did call me, but only to tell me that she couldn't make it work, so she just deleted my order. So, once again, I have failed to give Mr. Bossy his pictures.

This is a long story to say that I will now be doing these kinds of deals at Wolf Camera.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kimba said...

I love the idea, but those damn people messed it up for you! Happy Valentine's Day our fav Bossy Wife!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Is it digital pictures? If so I highly recommend snapfish.com. You can have them mailed to you or pick them up at a local store - and very reasonably priced!

I hope you and Mr. Bossy have a very nice Valentine's Day despite the picture trauma. (It's also our half year wedding anniversary today I might add!)

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes! I forgot that for a second, Melissa! Happy 2.5 anniversary to us!

Yes, these are digital pictures. I just took them over to Wolf Camera. It is going to cost a LOT more, but they said they'd be ready in an hour. I almost believe them, but I'm gullible.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

I second Melissa. Upload to snapfish.com and then chose to "pick up local" and it will send to your nearest Walgreens. You don't even have to mess w/ the kiosk thing and they email you when they're ready!

Happy V-Day!
(that's Valentines Day, not Veterans Day)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Mayor of Crazytown said...

Two thoughts: I think it would be cheaper in the long run and easier if you bought a photo printer....I also agree with the online things.
And just as a public service announcement: Wolf Camera once lost 5 digital cameras of mine- and offered me film in return.
No thanks kids.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Shelton said...

You have to check out my post today. I had a bad experience with pictures too - well really with my camera. I did quite a bit of complaining today too! Why can't everyone be as perfect as we are! :) Just kidding!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Mackenzie said...

You can actually download right to Walgreens or Wolf from your computer and it is cheaper than going to the store or loading onto one place to send to another. Right now, if you type HEART in the promo box at walgreens.com you get all of your pictures for 15 cents each. Of course, I have downloaded but have about 500 pictures to print off so I shouldn't speak.

8:01 AM  
Blogger jillskict said...

Okay, my two cents. I use www.kodakgallery.com and I have been for YEARS. I have photo albums up there dating all the way back to 1999 so I do not even want to tell you how many pictures I have up there, but if you upload there you can have them printed and just pick them up at CVS and it is really easy. I had 90 pictures printed the other day and it was only $15.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home