The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, February 02, 2007

Thank you, Doctor

So this morning I took a break from Advil popping and went to see my doctor. (Not for the headaches, just for a check-up). My appointment was at 9:30, and of course I didn't eat before, as I have to weigh and I try not to add any unneccessary weight.

Before we go any further, let me say that I hate weighing, much like most normal humans. It's just so humiliating.

Ok, so remember, I got there a little before 9:30 and they put me in the exam room. At about 10: 45, my doctor came in the room. We chatted a little and I mentioned that we had gone to Greece over the holidays.

He looks at my chart, where my weight is, and says, "Well, I see you remembered to EAT in Greece".

Yes, thanks, I did. Bring on the feta.

10 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Where is his bedside manner? Bring on the feta AND the baklava, I say!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

I'll have a second helping of the spanikopita, please!

That was so rude of him!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Allie_in_Ga said...

Why can't they say these things with a little more compassion? I hate going to the Dr. for this reason alone! Yummy, feta cheese.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Yeah, the feta was totally worth it.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was told to come by for a visit since you are a 90210 fan. I LOVE 90210. You know how some people had the Rachel haircut? I had MANY Kelly haircuts and still look at her haircuts for inspiration.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Suburban prep said...

I just opt out when the doctor's assistant request I get on the scale. I figure if it is really really necessary I will get on and not until.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I didn't know you could opt out! I am totally doing that forevermore.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I see that tact is definitely his specialty.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

I hate this story. This is reason enough to change doctors.

9:11 AM  
Blogger jillskict said...

Change doctors and find one with a sense of humor. You have to be able to have a doctor you can be open and honest with. I was at the doctor last week and when they measured my height, she started to say five ttttwww and I got all excited and said YES, my yoga and pilates is working and making me taller, then she goes, let me try this again nope 5'1" 1/4 as usual! Oh well, we can only hope right? Next time go for the opt out and always do what makes you most comfortable!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home