The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

What A Mess

I am generally a neat person. I have a lot going on right now with work stuff, and am also still doing a lot of the writing work that I mentioned a few posts ago. Therefore, I have had to let a few things slide in my office as of late.

Here's a mental picture for you:

Currently, you cannot see the surface of my desk due to all the papers on it.

There are three to-go coffee mugs surrounding my computer.

A large bottle of Tylenol, a bottle of Advil, some hand lotion, undeveloped film, and a tube of foundation are prominently displayed on my computer hutch.

By my printer, there is a candle, an empty cup with a straw in it, a calendar, and a large stack of books.

In addition to the papers on my desk, there are two calculators ( I don't work with math), two pairs of scissors, some sunglasses, a watch that doesn't work, my checkbook, two cellphones, some returned mail, and a ceramic angel that says "February".

On my floor are 4 2-liter bottles of Coke, 6 2-liter bottles of Diet Coke, a strobe light, a shopping bag full of books, some knitting, a tote, a poster, a journal, a candle, and a lighter, a heater, and a large banner. Oh, and some pottery.

There is a box of Pop-Tarts (mostly gone) under my computer hutch, along with a stack of letterhead. Under my desk you will find an empty water bottle and a bag of Reeses cups.

In my window frame, there is a wooden angel that says "Follow your dream", a homemade card, some yellow-tinted sunglasses given to me by my Mother-In-Law, an almost empty water bottle, a clay candle holder, a piece of the candle holder which has broken off, an Easter candle, a framed picture of Mr. Bossy and me on our wedding day, two lids, and a jingle bell necklace.

This is making me crazy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I am suddenly feeling a little better now that I can't see the top of my desk either. My boss came in yesterday with some stuff for me and said - "what should I do with this? I'm not too familiar with this 'filing system' you've got going on in here." Always good to impress the boss with your organizational skills.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Mayor of Crazytown said...

Yeah, well I have two Buzz Lightyears and a rocking horse in my office....and I have no idea who put them there.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Awesome. You must have fun all day!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

Lots of candle related items in there.

The only weird thing I have i a packet of chocolate flavored "GU" Energy Gel sitting next to my phone. A co-worker brought one to me after we had a conversation about how disgusting I thought they sounded.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

WOW, that is quite the Menagerie!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home