The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 05, 2007

Weeping Willow

As I have mentioned a few times before, I am a crier. I've been crying at television for years, from sitcoms to drama to reality shows to Saved By the Bell... whatever. Commercials are especially difficult for me to get through, although with Tivo in my life, I don't watch as many commercials as I used to.

However, there is a Kleenex commercial right now that somehow gets me. I've only seen it once, but there's a guy sitting on a bench or something with a box of kleenex, and people just come and talk to him. Many of them talk about important events in their lives, and a lot of them cry. I sobbed through that commercial.

However, the one currently getting to me is the Publix Valentine's Day commercial. I saw it last year, and I remember it, so you'd think I'd be prepared. Nope. I cry over those damn salt and pepper shakers every Thanksgiving, so it's no surprise that this boy making a cake for his valentine (who turns out to be his mom) would get the tears flowing.

I don't really mind crying, in fact, I'm used to it so I kind of enjoy it. So, thanks, Publix, for giving me a good eye-cleaning.

Anything making you cry lately?

9 Comments:

Blogger Snake Nation said...

Both of these commercials make me very emotional - especially the Publix one. It helps if the Jessica Simpson Direct TV commercial immediately follows - that will dry your tears right up, and just leave you angry.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Allie_in_Ga said...

I cry at tons of commercials, it is a huge joke in my family that I will cry at the drop of the hat. You are not alone!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Mayor of Crazytown said...

Do I even need to mention the old man on American Idol who sang a song for his "lady love"?
I'm crying just writing this.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Oh Lord, when I think of the man singing for his lady love, in just need to get in the fetal position.

Snake- you are TOTALLY right about that Jessica Simpson Directv commercial. That makes me want to put my foot through the tv.

6:18 PM  
Blogger priscilla said...

Hi, I've been lurking about and enjoying your blog for a few weeks. :-)

For some reason, the episode of Sex and the City where Carrie is in the fashion show and falls on the runway...that one just makes me cry every time. I also sometimes tear up when The Office comes on, especially the theme song part.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cry almost every week watching Cold Case (the CBS show)...it's the freaking music at the end that does it everytime. It's always so on the money.

That guy on Idol? I swear I had to turn the channel because I was losing it.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

OH my gosh, have you seen that one where the little girl cuts off her doll's hair to make a wig for her grandmother who has cancer and is losing her hair? I don't remember what the commercial was for but it is a tear jerker for sure.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Welcome, Greeneyes! I TOTALLY cry at that same SATC! I don't know why, but when she gets up... I love it. LOVE IT.
I could do about fifty posts about episodes of SATC that make me cry.

Melissa-- I haven't seen that commercial, but it doesn't seem like something I could survive.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Brianne T said...

I cry at the drop of a hat. I refuse to go card shopping anymore, and Spatters always checks my cheeks for tears anytime anything remotely touching comes on the TV. But the best boo-hoo was when we visited the nieces and nephews in NC for Christmas and they (sisters and brothers ages 12, 11, 7, 4, and 2) held hands and stood in front of the Christmas tree to recite Bible verses about Baby Jesus and sing carols before they opened their presents.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home