The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Total Slacker

I don't even have that much to tell you, but I feel guilty that my last post was almost a week ago. In my defense, I'm lazy.

Also, I had to go on an overnight staff retreat earlier in the week, so I was away from the computer for a long time, and I'm still trying to catch up on all the blog reading I missed while I was in Greece.

Here are the things that are currently bugging me:

The cancellation of the OC: (you know that a die-hard 90210 fan like myself would HAVE to watch a show centered around California teens) I was ready to give up on it last season, because it was so very lame, but season four has been awesome! I am actually really sad that they cancelled it. Grrr. I did sign an online petition to "save the OC", which might make me a loser, but if you are interested, go here.

Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell: Driving me nuts. Shut up. Please.

The lack of parking at my Starbucks. Can't a barwife get a Cinnamon Dulce Latte every once in awhile?

The fact that I have no days off this week: I will be working Sunday-Sunday with no break. Barf.

Dylan cheating on Brenda with Kelly while Brenda is off in Paris with Donna: I'm aware that first happened in 1992, but that's where I am in the re-runs and it still hurts.


OK, now that I've vented a little, I feel better. I am all wrapped up in a beautiful blue monogrammed throw that Mayor gave me for Christmas, I got my TV and my snack... I think I'll make it another day. Feel free to list what's bugging you!

10 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Thanks for the link to the OC petition. If you are a loser, I am one too!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

Well, since you asked...

Misha Barton. Is she for real with the get-ups she’s been wearing? I don’t know who her stylist is but she needs to be fired. And since when did the Tiffany ("I think We're Alone Now") inspired vest from the 80’s come back? Did I miss this revival? I feel like I gave it a good go in the 80’s and don’t need to replay this one, so can we not leave the denimn vest in the past where it should belongs? And while we're at it, you can throw the Olsen twins into this mix too because they are just as guilty of the above.

Also, Xm radion. Why, must they start sneaking in commercials into my COMMERCIAL FREE SATELLITE RADIO STATIONS like "Mix"? Uh Hello? This was your big selling point for XM, remember? NO COMMERCIALS. I don’t need to know how to flip real estate, I don’t need to know how to consolidate my debt, nor do I need a diet shake that’s going to magically make me lose 15 pounds overnight (okay, well maybe I’d be willing try that one. Only if it will help you out though). I don’t pay whatever Mr. monogram pays every month to listen to commercials. I have TV for that, thank you very much, and actually, I have DVR so I can fwd my commercials. Therefore, if Xm is going to start putting commercials into their COMMERCIAL FREE SERVICE, then they might want to start providing fast-fwd buttons in all Xm Satellite equipped vehicles. Just a suggestion.

3:24 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

Oh, nothing is bugging me too terribly much, except for bosses who are inadequate and lie to your face and you find them morally and ethically wrong so you just cannot work for them anymore. Yep, I am having a bad week at work, but beyond that all is good :)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Let me jump in on MM's bandwagon. Mischa Barton's clothes - yuck! That see-through lace dress she wore the other day - yuck! Those bubble shorts that looked like a diaper she wore a couple months ago - SUPER YUCK! And the Olsen twins? Don't they realize cute little preteen girls want to be like them? Please God, don't let all our children decide they need to look like Mary Kate and Ashley do right now. And XM radio - I made hubby cancel his subscription for that very reason. Not to mention they really are like the worst commercials you've ever heard in your life, not even remotely iteresting ones.

And Bossy, I was out to lunch today and Fox News was on talking about Rosie v. Donald for like 10 minutes! Um, didn't the president make a major address last night we should be talking about or something? Ok, I'm better now.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I can see that this venting session was important for everyone! Keep 'em coming.

6:04 PM  
Blogger SuburbanMom said...

Ya, that totally sucked when Dylan did that. Even though I always liked Kelly better, I truly felt for Brenda.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Alyson said...

I never really got into the OC, however I was a true 90210 fan! I have to second what suburban mom said about liking Kelly better. Always did and always will. I also must mention that I LOVE cinnamon dolce lattes from Starbucks! They are my favorite!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kimba said...

I don't understand why they had to kill off Rebecca Gayhart. Dylan will never be the same!!!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

Do you know Rebecca Gayhart is married (in real life) to McSteamy from Greys Anatomy? How LUCKY is she?!?!?

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too bad you gave up hope on the O.C. It is a pretty good show and It should go a few more seasons! Don't lose faith.

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home