The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 22, 2007

Drag Queen

Last week I was leaving my place of work, driving to lunch, when I heard a terrible, awful noise. I knew it was coming from my car, which has been having all sorts of problems lately. For example, the heat doesn't work.

Anyway, instead of investigating, I got on the phone with Mr. Bossy immediately and was like "Something is REALLY wrong with my car. It's making a horrible noise.... oh wait, hold on, it's changing. Wait, it stopped".

So, I look in the rearview mirror and what do I see? One of those orange traffic cones. I had been dragging it for a few blocks, and finally dislodged it. Needless to say, I just kept on driving in my noise-free car.

After I returned to work, I had to go on an errand with my boss. As we passed where I had dislodged the cone, I was like "Hey, there's my cone!" He made me get out of the car and get it and hold it in my lap until we got back to work.

Lesson learned: don't confess to stupid stuff like that.

4 Comments:

Blogger jillskict said...

LOL! Thanks for the laugh, that totally made my monday!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Shelton said...

You crack me up! I have been reading your blog for awhile now. I can always count on you to make me laugh! Thanks!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Hee! Thanks for reading... I love to share the stupid tales of my life!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Susan D. said...

OMG, I did the same thing when, after being illegally parked & told to move. I backed up and ran over the cone and then drug it for several 100 feet before it finally fell off! I'm sure the policeman was having a field day laughing

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home