The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 15, 2007

Turmoil

Well, I am glad that you all enjoyed getting things off your chest in the last post. I welcome that behavior anytime.

I was out of town for the weekend, up in the mountains leading a retreat. Friday as I was getting ready to go, I somehow managed to slip down in my cowboy boots (which I love, BTW... I got them for my 17th birthday, which means they are getting VERY OLD). Anyway, I was wearing them, and the heel slipped and I hit the ground. HARD.

I managed to land on my side, and I was so stunned that I just lay there for a while, wondering what I should do next. I wasn't hurt, so I was really glad that no one was around to see my situation. It turned out to be nothing major, although I was and still am quite sore.

THEN, Sunday morning, something happened with my neck. If you were/are an avid Sex and the City fan like I am, you remember the episode where Miranda pulled her neck and Aidan had to come over and lift her off the bathroom floor.

Now, John Corbett (sadly) did not have to come over and help me, but I still thought of Miranda immediately when I all of a sudden couldn't move my neck. I am now doing the robot in order to move, popping ibuprofen, and keeping the heating pad on my neck at all times.

My body is in turmoil. I am so happy that today is a holiday, so that I can sit/lie down in private while I catch up on my internet reading and tv watching.

I hope you all are in better shape than I am!

7 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Momma said...

I actually remember when you got those boots. didn't you go all the way out to that cowboy shop? The name is completle slipping my mind but I can even picture the sign. I think it's yellow w/ a big cowboy boot on it...

Great, now this is going to drive me crazy, but I hope your sore bum and neck feel beter, Bossy!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

Horsetown. You bought them at Horsetown.

2:23 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

Hope you feel better!!!! Keep popping the ibuprofren!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Hahah! I have never heard of Horse Town... I bought them at... wait for it... Cowpunchers Palace. It was actually not that far from my house.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

OK that is WAY worse than a store named horestown.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Yeah, I'm thinking I maybe shouldn't have put that out there.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Feel better soon, Bossy!

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home