The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I Really Hate This Song

I know I've been a bad blogger lately, I have had a terrible time coming up with something to write about lately. But, I have been thinking about the following:

There is a commercial on right now, I think it might be for Wendy's, that has that song "Blister in the Sun" by the Violent Femmes.

I HATE THAT SONG. I hate it so much. I hope I don't start hating Wendy's as a result of how much I hate that song. That would be a tragedy.

This got me to thinking about a few other songs I really despise, so here they are, in no particular order:

1. "Photograph" by Nickelback. If you don't hate this song, you aren't paying attention to the lyrics:
Look at this photograph! Everytime I do it makes me laugh! How did our eyes get so red? And what the hell is on Joey's head?

Great start there, buddy. Riveting writing.

2. "3 AM" by Matchbox 20: "the clock on the wall's been stuck at three for days". Oh no.

3. "Ironic" by Alanis Morrissette. "10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife" ???? Oh no! I have 10,000 spoons! Crap! All I need is a knife!

4. "Don't Cha" (or however you spell it) by the Pussycat Dolls. I hate them and everything they produce. "Buttons"? Shut up.

I think there have to be more. I welcome your additions to this list.

10 Comments:

Blogger a. said...

I hate all of the above and many more that I can't think of at the moment.

Thanks for making me laugh this morning!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

1. All Matchbox 20 songs are/were bad. But I'll argue that the songs that have since come out by their lead singer, Rob Thomas, are actually even worse.

2. I hate that Fergilicious song by Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas. Just thinking about it makes my face hot.

3. I hate that new song by Beyonce - Irreplaceable - for too many reasons to get into.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Snake, I don't know if this will end our friendship or not, but "Irreplaceable" is my favorite song.

Eeek.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

Well, I hate to tell you this - but the only time I like Beyone is when I see her in interviews. But I hate her singing, and I hate her songs. I like the general message behind Irreplaceable, but the song - sorry. I hope we can manage to maintain our friendship beyond this.

2:44 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

How about bootylicious. Someone please tell me why you would combine the word delicious with butt? You have not seen mine or you would understand :) But seriously, delicious is used to describe hot fudge brownie sundaes. . . .

3:03 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Too funny! I throw out anything by Phil Collins. ugh.

3:24 PM  
Blogger AtlantaRealtor(c) said...

I don't like anything by Toby Keith. To save the friendship, I'll stop right there.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

good call, Jilly. I can't STAND "call me when you're sober" ot "bring me to life" by Evanescence.

Call me when you can stop SCREAMING in your songs in more like it!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm with you on all those songs... Can someone please tell Alanis what the definition of "ironic" is?

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOl! 'Ironic' wins as all time most irritating song! A plane 'going down' for a holiday winner is many things, but it is NOT ironic!

And as for the Pussycat Dolls - words fail me....

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home