The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 26, 2007

Tears Roll Down

As I have told you a few times before, occasionally I have been known to shed a tear over something on television. OK, actually, I cry a lot. Last night, as I watched the Oscars, I started thinking about all the different things that made me cry during the show. I tuned in late, so I missed some parts, but here are the things that got me last night:

1. Jennifer Hudson's speech. I was just so excited for her.
2. Forrest Whitaker's wife during his speech.
3. The clip from "The Pursuit of Happyness", which I haven't seen.
4. Beyonce singing.
5. In Memoriam, introduced by Jodie Foster.
6. Thinking about the last episode of the OC.

Those are the things I can remember off the top of my head. What got to you? And don't say "nothing". I don't believe that you are that hard-hearted.

7 Comments:

Blogger Snake Nation said...

I didn't watch the whole thing and MISSED Jennifer Hudson's award. However, I imagine I would have teared up a little bit, had I seen it.

I almost cried when I saw Kirsten Dunst's ugly dress on the red carpet. Did you see that?

11:45 AM  
Blogger Sarah M said...

I laughed when you mentioned the OC. I watched the finale on Saturday and was a complete mess. My fiance came in and thought a family member had died I was so upset. Needless to say I'm still getting laughed at.

12:44 PM  
Blogger a. said...

Did you see the Mastercard commercial with the elephant??? I lost it.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Sarah- Thanks for supporting me! I watched the OC on Saturday and was audibly sobbing. Then, when I told someone what happened on it, I cried again. Clearly, I need counseling.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too sobbed at the OC; however, nothing in comparison to Grey's from last week. I was a BIG mess and thankful to be watching it all alone. Oh- and I cry at every episode of Brothers and Sisters.
Last night, seeing how proud Ellen's mom was when she started got to me... oh and Jada and Will watching Jayden- that was really sweet!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Jada and Will were so sweet! That's another one-- good work, Ashley.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay Forest Whitaker and wife. He seems so humble and down-to-earth, and I hope he and the Mrs. enjoyed a wonderful night on the town. I also loved the look on Martin Scorsese's face when his film editor (Thelma somebody) was thanking him. He was genuinely touched. Many others were touched last night, but it was in a not-so-good way. Like touched by the fashion disaster fairy. And I've decided that I like Celine Dion and Kate Winslett a lot more since I noticed the small wrinkles around their eyes. Way to age gracefully, ladies!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home