The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

31 Flavors

Well, today is my birthday. That's right, I'm thirty-one today... and, if you're following the liturgical calendar, you know that it is also Ash Wednesday. Nothing says "party" like the beginning of Lent!

Anyway, I don't have anything terribly funny to tell you today, so I thought I would tell you about the things on my mind today, as I turn 31. I was thinking about all the ways I am the same as I was 10 years ago, at 21, and all the ways I am different. Here's what I've come up with:

1. 10 years ago, I was in college and was living in Florida. Now, neither is true.
2. 10 years ago, I weighed a lot less than I do now, but I still thought I was fat.
3. I did not have a Master's Degree 10 years ago, and had no intention of getting one. I have one now.
4. 10 years ago, I wore jeans all the time. Jeans are still the clothing of my life.
5. 10 years ago, I worried all the time that I would never get married, and I had no idea Mr. Bossy even existed.
6. 10 years ago, I could (and did) stay out late and still get up early and be functional. Today that is a lovely but faded memory.
7. 10 years ago, I thought the internet was weird and that I'd never really get the hang of it.
8. 10 years ago, Mayor of Crazytown was my best friend. Lucky for me, she still is.
9. 10 years ago, I never carried a purse. Perish the thought.
10. 10 years ago, I drove a purple pick-up truck. Fortunately, I don't any more.


I guess a lot has changed, but one thing remains constant:


Happy Birthday to my cowboy boots! They are 14 today and just as beautiful as the day I got them, over at Cowpunchers Palace. Thanks for everything, y'all.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Thanks, greeneyes! So far, so good!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

Happy 31st, Boss Lady! (Like that slight variation on Bossy?) I hope it's your best year yet!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Happy Birthday, Bossy! Fun reading through your comparisons. I should do that myself sometime. Have fun celebrating!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

Happy Birthday!!!

4:41 PM  
Blogger J said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:16 PM  
Blogger J said...

Happy birthday Mrs. Bossy!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the birthday well-wishes!

7:17 PM  
Blogger a. said...

Happy Birthday to you....! Hope you had a great day.

7:19 PM  
Blogger lisagh said...

Happy! Happy!

12:22 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Happy Birthday to you Bossy!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Kimba said...

Hope you had a great birthday!!!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Bossy!

2:07 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

Happy Belated!!! Hope it was wonderful!

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaw, sweet post! And belated birthday greetings, you are a mere slip of a girl!!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home