The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, March 12, 2007

I TOLD you, I like Cookies!

I went out of town Thursday morning (early) and didn't get back until last night. Some of my stories wouldn't be particularly funny to you, as you don't know the people I was with, and you aren't a member of this particular group I was traveling with (or ARE you? That's the mystery of the blog world).

Anyway, Mr. Bossy wasn't with me on this trip, but I did call him every night to chat. One night , he said that he had gone out with some friends. He then said, "I was so hungry when I got home that I ate a couple of the Tagalongs that you had put in the freezer. I didn't eat too many though, because I know they are your favorite".

Now, let me take just a moment to clarify this. Tagalongs are probably my favorite cookie EVER. When I see the Girl Scout cookie form, I start dreaming of the moment that the Tags enter my life again. I put this box in the freezer specifically so I would have them at a later date, when I had exhausted my supply. I've already eaten the other box we got, and my supply from my niece in Ohio had not yet arrived (BTW-- GS Cookies in Ohio are cheaper than they are in my state. Very strange).

So, when he told me this, I said, "Well, that's good, I do really love them, so I am glad you only ate a few."

Lest you think I am a totally selfish barwife who won't share food with her husband, HIS favorite kind is Samoas and I ordered him plenty, and I rarely eat those. So, he has cookies to keep him occupied. Also, there was a community box of Thin Mints. So, just relax.

Cut to last night, after dinner. I go to the freezer to investigate the Tagalong situation, and open the box to find three left. Meaning that Mr. Bossy ate TWELVE of them. (Not that I couldn't do that, mind you, but that's beside the point here).

You can imagine that in my totally exhausted state, I didn't handle this well. "MR BOSSY!" I yelled (insert full name there). "WHAT?" he replied. I walk into the living room, waving the cookie box, yelling and screaming about the lack of Tagalongs and how twelve cookies is not the same as "a couple". I mean, seriously. I LIKE COOKIES. I THINK ABOUT THEM A LOT. Has he not read this blog?

Anyway, to his credit, he took full responsibility and said he'd get me some more. However, this morning, my cookies from Ohio arrived, so...crisis averted. At least for now.

Now, I don't want you to think I am some sort of raving lunatic who freaks out over cookies, but... apparently that's exactly what I am. Sheesh.

5 Comments:

Blogger Snake Nation said...

I have a box of Thin Mints in my office. A coworked helped herself to them - I mean SHE OPENED the box while I was in a meeting. We're friends and everything - but come on. I was absolutely furious....but b/c I was at work, I couldn't really go scream at her about it. I did write her an email that said, "I hope you enjoyed my cookies." I think she got the picture.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Oh I would totally do the same thing so don't feel bad. I limited hubby's daily intake of Cadbury eggs when I saw he had to open the second bag and I had only gotten a few out of the FIRST bag! Not to mention he hadn't even touched the other candy I bought specifically for him!

Interesting about the price difference in the girl scout cookies... Tagalongs are my favorite too, btw....

2:15 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Oh, no, this is not freakish behavior. When it comes to food, there's no such thing! We need to be territorial about our cookies! How else are people supposed to get the message?

9:43 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

I get you about the cookies. Did you know that GS cookies are called different things in different states and regions as well? Not sure why, maybe it is the mystery of the GS's.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Shelton said...

Okay. I wish I hadn't read your blog. I had completely forgotten about my thin mints in the freezer. As a teacher, I learned my first year that I will have the opportunity to order PLENTY of GS cookies. The first girl that asked me I ordered 3 boxes, then the other 7 girls came around. You can't tell a 9 year old you don't want to buy cookies from here.. alas I ended up with about 10 boxes of cookies. So every year since, I have only ordered 1 box from each girl. This year, I did the same and only 1 girl asked me. Somehow I only ended up with 1 box of GS cookies (thin mints) and didn't get to order my Do-si-dos. I was quite upset. I guess since I am getting married in a few months - that was for the best! I am luck though - my hubby to be doesn't like sweets! More for me!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home