The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

All's Right With the World

Good news:

Last night, Mr. Bossy and I went to Target. We wanted to get an oscillating fan for our backyard, now that we have our little canopy up, and like sitting out there. So, I knew that I wouldn't be leaving Target completely empty-handed, like I did last week.


Well, we found the fan we wanted, and we also managed to buy a new clock radio. I like to wake up to the radio, but our old one was so bad that it was never on the station when it came on in the morning, and I'd have to hold it up in the air or put it on the bed with me and hold it just so in order to hear the station. This seemed like a lot of work, so I finally remembered to look for another one.

The clock radio we got is called a "Smart Clock" or something like that-- and it is totally smart! It sets itself! All I did was plug it in, and it went right to the time. Amazing. And this morning when I woke up, the radio was on my favorite station, no movement from me required. Ah, technology.


So, never fear, I left with a fan, a radio, a totally cute clutch, and about ten other things I really needed, including two books. Clearly, last week was just an aberration, a temporary lapse in sanity, and I have returned to full health and Target-shopping abilities.

Thank you all for your concern during this turbulent time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really glad an intervention wasn't necessary ;-)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Did you see the mini lights at Target for the canopy? I did the other day and couldn't help but think of you...

4:33 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Ha! Not only did we see them, we bought them! I'm honored that you'd think of me, Meg!

8:27 PM  
Blogger k e r r y said...

I need a smart clock... and a smart dish washer, and a smart oven, and a smart car, and a...

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home