The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 23, 2006

Addiction

Good news. I bought some more stationery. Just in case you were worried that I didn't have quite enough paper floating around out there with either my name or my monogram on it, I now have some more.

I don't know quite what it is about this stuff, but I can't get enough. I do write my fair share of notes, so it's not like I never use it. However, if I lined it all up, you might say that I have enough to last me the next several years... which would be fine if I didn't buy anymore for at least that long, but I think we know each other well enough to know that's not how it's going to go.

I've gone through other addiction phases in my life-- lip products and karaoke come most readily to mind. I managed to get those habits under control, but am still under the influence of Diet Coke, cheese dip, and Coach purses. Oh yeah, and television. I guess some things are just too good to give up.

Maybe one day I'll organize all my stationery and give myself a pep talk about how I don't really need to spend any more money on paper products, that I have plenty, blah blah blah. Until then, I'll continue to rationalize my purchases until I can't fit anymore paper into the house. Hey, at least I recycle.

5 Comments:

Blogger Snake Nation said...

Bossy - you're not alone. We all have our vices. I am currenly addicted to speciality soaps. I doubt they effectively clean me, and they don't last very long. But I have a ton.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

thanks for supporting me. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

5:03 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

You know there are people with worse addictions. I saw a girl on the street last week with about 185 piercings, so see, it could be worse. Have you seen Lauren Goesslings stationary? My new favorite! www.laurengdesigns.com

1:31 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I have seen her stuff, it is beautiful! I don't have any of it yet, but I will.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

i just gor a ton of Whitney English stationary. If paper could be an ingredient, it would be the finest, richest, smoothest, softest butter available.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home