The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mr. Bossy

That's right, it's my husband's birthday. He is 36 today, which means he is waaaaaay older than I. Ok, not way. But enough. He's got a good 5 1/2 years on me.

Anyway, we are going out to dinner with some of his friends tonight, which should be fun. I see a lot of red meat in my future, which as you know, always pleases me.

I'm not making him a cake, for two reasons. Here they are:

1. On Thanksgiving, we went to my husband's parents' house for the first round of meals. [I think you'd also like to know that my husband drove first to his parents' old house, which they left over a year ago, and then to his sister's house, before he managed to to find his parents' house, which is a good 5 minutes from our house. He's seriously getting old].

Not only did we have the full Thanksgiving meal, but there were three pies and two birthday cakes there for him. Apparently his mom had told his grandmother that she wouldn't be making him a cake this year, but a birthday pie. Grandma did not approve, and brought him a cake. Meanwhile, his mom changed her mind and bought him a cake. So, we had a bunch of cake on Thursday.

2. Last year, I tried to make him a cake. I don't think I had ever made a cake before ( I am more of a cookie expert). Anyway, it was nothing fancy, just a cake mix cake. Well, since I was new to this, I tried to ice it before it was completely cool. So, I basically just had swirls of icing and crumbs completely covering the top of the cake. It looked hideous. It tasted fine, but the presentation was crap.


This morning, I said "I'm not making you a cake". His response "Good. I remember last year".

Fair enough.

8 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Momma said...

A very happy birthday to bar husband. I'm sure it will please him that his birthday falls 2 days after preppy puppy's birthday, who celebrated #11 on Saturday. Hope dinner is delish and I'm envious of the red meat meal!

2:56 PM  
Blogger smarti said...

Last year for my birthday, my boyfriend made me a brownie in the shape of a cow pie (that's manure for you non-country folk) complete with gummy worms (that melted into the brownie and looked more like blood) and a fly made out of taffy. The brownie was good but the appearance gruesome! Mr. Bossy should be grateful.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

I think that Mr. Bossy should post his first blog, in honor of the special occasion....

3:49 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

Okay, now that is just good stuff, how can Bossy Bar Hubby not think this blog is just funny. The fact that you had to go to two different houses before finding his own parents home is just hysterical! I hope he has a happy birthday! Yesterday was my dad's which we usually celebrate with his favorite pie on Thanksgiving as well!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Bossy!!

10:04 PM  
Blogger a. said...

Yes, Happy B-day Mr. Bossy!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Corrie said...

I hope Mr Bossy had a Happy Birthday!!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omigod! BBH and I share the same birthday! Yay! very belated birthday greeting to the BBH!

And props for last years cake tasting great - mine look bad and taste bad - oh dear!

:-)

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home