The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 22, 2006

An Actual Christmas Miracle

I have lost my wallet a couple of times in my life. My wallet has also been stolen before. As you probably know, dealing with cancelling cards, replacing your driver's license, refuting charges that you didn't make, etc. etc. all add up to one giant pain in the rear. Not to mention, I generally LOVE my wallets, so I hate when I don't have them anymore.

This afternoon, I left work early and ran over to the local mall, where I just went in to see if I could find a pair of black pants and maybe a festive shirt for a couple of parties I have coming up. I had pretty good luck shopping, and was leaving just in time to run by one more store and pick up a couple of last minute gifts, and make it to my eyebrow appointment.

Well, when I got to the second store, I looked in my purse and my wallet was gone. I searched through my car and my bags, and it was nowhere to be seen. I wasn't in full panic mode just yet, because I knew I had JUST used it at Macy's, so I drove back to the mall. I looked in the parking lot, retracing my steps from the store to my car, and couldn't find it.

Still not panicking, I went inside and asked the women at customer service. They hadn't seen it, but suggested I go up to gift wrap. At this point, I am getting pretty worried, and my mind is racing with all that I would have to do to cancel my cards, etc. etc.

Gift wrap did not have my wallet, so I came back downstairs and asked a few more people. Nothing. At this point I am completely miserable, and tears are starting to fall out of my eyes. (You should know that I cry easily, but that I was also freaking out about the fact that my husband and I are leaving the country on Wednesday and traveling without my cards and my license was going to be difficult, to say the least). I leave my name and numbers with the cashiers, and walk out to my car. As I am walking through the parking lot, this woman rolls down her car window and says, "Ma'am! Ma'am! What is your name?"

I look at her and loudly state my full name.

She says, "I have your wallet. I knew it was you, the way you looked so forlorn walking in the lot. Everything is here, Merry Christmas!"

I was so stunned, and so overcome that I completely started bawling. Just sobbing, right there in front of her, out of relief and total gratitude. I couldn't thank her enough, and got back in my car.

I am firmly convinced that was my own little Christmas miracle. All the way back home, cars were honking at each other and everyone was mad, but I just cranked up the Christmas carols and sang along.

Merry Christmas to all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

That's wonderful! So glad to know there are nice trustworthy people out there isn't it! Merry Christmas!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

Merry Christmas, Bossy and Have a WONDERFUl and safe trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return!

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh your poor thing! I'm so glad you got it back - what a Good Samaritan!

Merry Xmas to you and yours!

6:04 AM  
Blogger jillskict said...

That gave me chills! Merry Christmas, I hope you had a great trip, can't wait for the update!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home