The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Grrrrrr

I don't know about you, but I hate going back to work after a nice holiday weekend. The weekend was great; a busy schedule but all things I wanted to do. Plus, I got some quality niece time, so that's always a bonus.

Plus, last week I got to go out of town to visit my sister and brother-in-law, and their three kids, so I've been in full on aunt mode.

So, I was pretty happy... until I got to work. You know how things just sort of bug you and you can't really explain why it pisses you off so much, you just get mad?

Well, this morning, I got to work, turned on my computer, and went down the hall to get some coffee. Now, I buy fat free French Vanilla Coffeemate. As far as I know, I have only one co-worker who also uses it. She will buy a bottle occasionally too, so it's not that big a deal. I take it out of the fridge this morning, give it a nice shake... and there it is, exploding all over my shirt.

So, apparently, my co-worker who also uses the coffeemate didn't close the cap tightly. I realize this is not a federal offense, and nothing to get truly bent out of shape over, but MAN did it make me mad.

I went stomping back to my office, where my computer had completely frozen and wouldn't load. So, while I scrubbed at my shirt, I tried to restart my ridiculously slow computer and get my email from the weekend.

A few minutes later, one of my other co-workers comes down the hall. Now, for some reason, he has this nickname for me. You don't know my name, so let's just pretend it's Melinda. A lot of people call me "MeMe" (not really, but the first syllable of my name repeated). But for whatever reason, he calls me "MelMel" instead. I truly don't mind my actual nickname-- in fact, I really like it. My brother calls me that, as do all my nieces and nephews, plus a bunch of other folks. I like it.

I do not like MEL MEL. But, I haven't been able to just say "DON'T CALL ME THAT", because when he calls me by my actual nickname, he usually sings it, which is equally annoying.

So, I was already in a bad mood because of the creamer and the computer, so him bouncing in and calling me the annoying nickname was just the last straw.

Fortunately, my shirt dried, my computer loaded, and I managed not to be called that name the rest of the day. All in all, it wasn't such a bad day back after the weekend. Hopefully tomorrow will start off right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Snake Nation said...

I'm right there with you. The sound of other people talking in the office is annoying me today....darn holiday weekends. (I promise I'll resist the urge to call you "Mel Mel"....)

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home