The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, June 18, 2007

An Important Message

Tonight, when I got home from work, I noticed that we had some messages on our answering machine.

I pressed the button, and the first message sounded like this:

"Hello Mr. Bossy, this is yourself. I'm calling to remind you to buy raffle tickets at Party City. You need these for Saturday, so be sure to write it down or you'll forget otherwise. OK, thank you. Bye!"


Now. I am all for leaving myself the reminder message. However, mine to myself are usually like "Bossy. Get tickets", or I might have Mayor call and leave me a message in a scary voice or something. (OK-- that didn't make us look cool. Oops).

But, I have never heard someone leave themselves such a friendly message, and I said as much to Mr. Bossy. As soon as I said "I like how friendly you were to yourself", he instantly replied, "I like me".


Can't argue with that.

8 Comments:

Blogger a. said...

I have to say, that is really funny. I usually leave myself a one or two word reminder but never an entire conversation :-)

10:03 PM  
Blogger Mackenzie said...

I am with you. Yesterday when I got into the office the voice mail to myself said "remember hands". I don't know what it meant and sadly there wasn't any alcohol involved in that message-there was a screaming child in the background. Who knows.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I like "remember hands". I'd love to know if you might forget your hands.

5:56 PM  
Blogger That's Sew Sally said...

Sounds like Ross Gellar to me..

8:05 PM  
Blogger mamy said...

I do that too, but I sometimes listen to my messages as soon as I get home and forget to do what I reminded myself to do.

I like that Mr. Bossy unhesitatingly said he likes himself. I like himself too.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought this was so funny...I had my coworkers gather around and read this post. Thanks for keeping us entertained in hell...I mean work!!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Curly said...

I love this!! He sounds so cute :)

4:00 PM  
Blogger Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I will say that Mr. Bossy has a way of cracking me up. I'm glad you all enjoyed this tale!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home