The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, June 15, 2007

A Week With the Mayor

I mentioned in my last post that June was a really busy month for me. I've just gotten back from a week-long conference that I attend every year as a part of my chosen career. I'm leaving again in a week for another trip that is work-related, so I won't have lots to add until July.

But, I wanted to tell you a few key points of my week. Luckily for me, my best friend has also has to attend this conference. (We don't work in the same place, but do the same thing, sort of). Most adults who attend this conference get their own hotel rooms, but we don't, we like to room together. We used to be roommates and so it's more fun this way.

We had a little trouble with our hotel reservations, and were living in fear that we'd get to our room Sunday night and it would be a smoking room with one double bed. Fortunately, our fears were unfounded, and we each had our own bed, and it was a non-smoking room. We even had to sign something saying we wouldn't smoke.

It's a good thing we didn't have to share a bed, because this "double bed" was more like a large twin. I could barely fit on it.

Anyway, this conference is filled to the brim with meetings, votes, and reports. There are about 3000 people there, many of whom are morons.

However, there may not be any bigger morons than the Mayor and I. Here are a few highlights:

Every single time we sat in our chairs, she dropped something.

She lost her sunglasses at least 65 times. Often she would go back and look for them, when they were actually on her person.

We stayed up way too late watching "The X-Effect" on MTV. I'd never
heard of this show before, but it was riveting.

One time during a meeting I was drinking a Diet Coke, and I just spit it out. It was like I was laughing, but I wasn't. I just spit it right out.

We almost died laughing in Publix when her sunglasses fell off her head and a lens just fell out. We never found the lens.

One of us has a sweating problem and spent the better part of the day with toilet paper in the armpits.

The rest of the time was spent discussing/making fun of everyone else there, repeating our same jokes over and over (and laughing every time), eating, and texting my boss, who wasn't usually with us, since he has a good reputation and we're jackasses.

Anyway, I'm glad to be home, although I was a bi-atch to Mr. Bossy about 5 minutes after I saw him. I was just tired. I'm feeling nicer now, and am catching up on my OC reruns that I missed all week.

I hope you're all having a lovely summer! Keep in touch!

1 Comments:

Blogger jillskict said...

Sounds like a super fun week. I used to travel for work about 7 years ago non stop and so did my BFF at the time, so when we would do our yearly forecasting, we would do it together so that we could travel together and we always shared cars and hotel rooms and we always had someone to have dinner with, it was a ton of fun and made life so much easier! I miss those days. . .

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home