The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What's My Problem?

This morning, someone brought hot Krispy Kreme doughnuts to our staff meeting. I heard last night before I left work that he was planning to do this, so this morning I was sure to eat at home. Not that I don't love those things, and not that I'm on a diet, but I decided to try and exercise some restraint, for once.

So, I was all prepared for it and didn't even look at those bad boys when I walked into the meeting. Even when everyone else was drooling over their second ones, I remained cool. Someone even said "you don't like doughnuts?" and I said "Yes, I like them. But I ate breakfast at home in anticipation of theme being here".


Needless to say, I practically broke my own arm patting myself on the back.


About 15 minutes ago, I realized that I was starving. (Yes, I ate lunch, but listen. I'm hungry). I went down to our workroom to get myself a diet coke, and saw the box of doughnuts sitting on the counter. I opened it up, and there was one left! It was calling me... "Bossy! Heat me up and eat me right now!"


So I did.

I heated that thing up and was walking it down the hall to my office where I could enjoy it fully. I thought all my co-workers were gone, which pleased me, since I didn't want anyone to see me eating this thing, but as I walked down the hall, one of them came out of his office. Before he could even blink an eye, I screamed "DON'T JUDGE ME I DIDN'T HAVE ONE THIS MORNING!"


He was like "Good Lord, woman. WHAT is your problem? I didn't even notice. Relax."

So, I hauled ass down to my office and ate that thing in about 2.2 seconds. It was freaking delicious and I have no regrets.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kricket said...

I can totally relate, except I'm ON a diet, and my boss brings them in just to taunt me. I think were allowed to give into our cravings every once in a while and heaven knows that Krispy Kreme is worth it!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

Krispy Kreme is one of life's greatest gifts. I think eating just ONE is a tremendous accomplishment. You should focus on that!

9:16 AM  
Blogger a. said...

Now that is something I would do
:-)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Shelton said...

Too funny. I always eat breakfast before meetings I attend, but it never fails... if there is a doughnut there I will eat it - AND I'm a type 1 diabetic. It is something that I don't indulge in, but if it is sitting there in front of my - COME ON!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Good for you - I can't say I haven't done something very similar ;)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is he married? If so, he understands that as women we are naturally insane and unpredictable.

Besides, he's male. He forgot 2 seconds later anyway.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

This is so funny - I can relate! I am a hefty woman myself, and I hate to eat in front of people. I always think that they're kinda grossed out by seeing my tubby self stuffing food in my mouth. (Actually, I have very good table manners, so there is very litte stuffing of food going on, but that's how I view myself....).

I found you through my friend Ashley (Ashley's Closet). I'll be back!

- The Renee

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home