The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm Still Alive

Hello all! (If there are any of you still out there, which I hope there are!)

So, apparently, I've been on a bit of a blog-cation. I didn't really plan it this way, it just happened. I hope we can still be friends.

Here's what's been going on with me lately:

1. I have been sweating. A lot. It's hot as hades here and it's miserable.

2. The other night I was speaking to a group of teenagers, and said "Now, you have to be really smart to do this..." , while pointing to my own brain (the universal gesture for "smart"). Unfortunately, I missed my brain and poked myself right in the eye. Needless to say, that ended any semblance of order in the room.

3. I went with Mayor and a Real Mother to the Justin Timberlake concert. Mayor did a good job describing the experience on her blog, and let me say this: he is SO. HOT. I don't often describe people as "sexy", but that's what he was. It was .... wow. Of course, we also realized we aren't as young as we used to be and that young ladies today do not always dress appropriately. Maybe they thought they were going to meet Justin? I don't know. The worst was the mom on the row with us who WOKE UP HER FIVE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER to dance when he sang "What goes around". Unfortunately, this small child was dancing in the same manner as JT's dancers. Which is to say, like strippers. OK, I'm old. Sorry.


4. Last but not least, Luke Perry was spotted in my town. Now, this is a bit of a sensitive subject for me. I LOVE LP. I love him so much. Dylan McKay has been the love of my life since I was in high school, and I believe that I will always carry a torch for him.

One morning I get to work and have an email from a friend saying that he saw Luke Perry at a local bar the night before. Just sends me this email, all non-chalant, instead of doing what a real friend would do and CALL ME AT THE TIME so I could throw on my "Donna Martin graduates" T-shirt and haul ass up there.

As the week goes on, I hear story after story of him being spotted around town, doing this and that. It seemed like everywhere I turned, people were saying "oh yeah, I saw him here" or whatever.

I never saw him. But I think it might be for the best, because I am afraid one of two things would have happened. One, I would have been so star-struck and in awe of him I would have just sat and stared and cursed myself for not approaching him.

Or, two, I would have had a couple of drinks, and marched over to him and said, "OK. Once and for all. Brenda or Kelly?"

4 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks so much for the anniversary wishes! A very big happy anniversary to you and Mr. Bossy as well!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

I would pay to see you march up to Luke Perry in a bar. I'm so sorry you didn't get to see him.

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny!
I went to see my version of Dylan, Mr JT last week and you are right... he is SO HOT! They were taping the show for HBO which will air Labor Day and I can't wait to TiVo it so I can watch it anytime. Since I am a longtime JT lover, I still have some Nsync moments on the old TiVo... priceless :)
Glad you are back!

3:15 PM  
Blogger jillskict said...

JT and LP in one post, NICE!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home