The Bossy Bar-Wife

I'M NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sweet Relief

Well, I appreciate your support of my previous post and your well wishes for last weekend's block party. I won't keep you in suspense any longer...

Last Saturday was my favorite neighborhood day of the two years we've lived there! I feel redeemed.

First of all, we had a yard sale Saturday morning. This was one of those neighborhood deals, so there were about 15 houses participating. We didn't think we had much, but we had a couple of things I wanted to get rid of, so we decided to give it a try.

(My use of the word "we" may be slightly misleading. Mr. Bossy was in no way involved in the yard sale preparation or the sale itself. He did help me carry some of the stuff outside before he left for work. That's it).


ANYWAY, so I'm sitting outside all Saturday morning, and some of our neighbors were out too, so that was a good start. We talked some, and I was feeling more confident when I heard they were going to the party that night. So, we made a little bit of money and got rid of the main things I wanted to get rid of. Success!

Later that afternoon, we walked down the street to the place of the party. Before the party we were supposed to have a Neighborhood Watch meeting to discuss the PEEPING TOM problem in our neighborhood. After that, we went right into block party mode.

Fortunately for me, the main neighbors that we know were all there, and we all sort of hung out together. Everyone was saying how much better this party was than last year's, and I couldn't have agreed more. We ended up staying for quite a while, and then went to another party in our neighborhood (we didn't even know this person, but she put flyers on our mailboxes, so we all went as a group).

All in all, I was so happy to have put that previous party behind me. I haven't seen any of my neighbors since then, but I have visions that we'll all be best friends forever after last weekend. I'll be sure to let you know.

PS-- The title of my previous post, followed by the title of this one sounds like some sort of digestive issue. I apologize and assure you that was not my intent.

2 Comments:

Blogger smarti said...

I've been checking every day to see how that party went. Glad to know your neighbors are much better and that they got a chance to enjoy you!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Snake Nation said...

Um - can I request a post about the peeping tom issue in the neighborhood?!?!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home